Why are my leaves sagging?

Cant figure out why one of my plants are sagging… watered yesterday and the soil is still moist underneath and i dont think i overwatered cause i go by measurements that i slowly increase over time. Havent started nutes yet, was planning on starting next week which will put me at six weeks exactly, using FFOF.
Any advice is much appreciated Grow fam!

1 Like

Welcome , two plants look underwatered. How much water and how often ? The smaller plant on the right seems to be getting enough water leafs standing straight out. Overall plants look good. :v::+1:

3 Likes

Looking good. Pretty sure this is a sign that it’s near lights out time, or at least they they think so.

1 Like

Typically i water every other day, that plant gets 20oz right now. But i still monitor soil moistness and weight also.

1 Like

I would water the big one to run off should take about 3 days for the pot to dry back out. Looks like a 5 or 7 gallon pot.

4 Likes

Like @kellydans said, give them a big ol drink. They will most likely start getting hungry after a good watering until runoff. Water heavy once, let them dry. If using FF nutes, start at ½ strength and see how they like it. Good luck and happy growing!!!

Edit. Just the bigger one(s). I wouldn’t soak the smaller one just yet.

5 Likes

Ok ill give that a shot, thanks guys!

So since im watering to run off im gonna check my ppm, how low should it be to start nutes?

Using jacks 321 nutes when i do start.

3 Likes

I have have seedlings in FFOF now and am going to be using Jack’s when it’s time, but it will be my first go with that combination of soil and nutes. I’ve read when runoff PPM’s are under 1,000 to go ahead and start feeding with Jack’s. But that’s as far as I’ve gotten. Let me tag a couple people, we both might learn something! Lol

@BobbyDigital @Pet_de_Chien @Newt

Would I be correct there? When PPM’s begin dropping below 1,000 in FFOF, is it ok to start using Jack’s 321? Newt, I know you don’t use Jack’s, but are in FF right?

3 Likes

Anything under a 1000 ppm start feeding . That’s always been my general rule and I haven’t burnt no plants up.

5 Likes

Thats normal going into bloom , you just flip it right ? Your root zone is starting its transition now from vegging nutrients and ph to a flower nutrient for budding . What is the ppm ? Should be 600 - 850 ppm with 6.0 - 6.2 ph for most optimum nutrient uptake and you buikd uo to 1150 from there weekly .

Looks like im at about 1900, so ill hold off till next week i think. Much appreciated grow bro :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I wont not feed them until it comes out lower than 1200 ppm , that way you dont stress them as they changing from on phase to another.

Probably hungry I’ve never went that long without first feeding in fox farms. I generally start between weeks 4 and 5. Not the little one but the bigger 1 is saying feed me. In my opinion. That is what is ment by the term. Listen to your plants they will tell you what they want. In this case you said you are watering proper so lets try something different. Like I said just my opinion. Big plant nutes medium 1 start next week maybe listen to her. Little 1 it will be a while.

1 Like

Why is the lil plant in bloom this soon , no space and you start each plant weeks behind each other right ? That small one needs more vegging time .

I start in Happy Frog, and move to Ocean Forest, when they go into their final grow bags. I don’t feed in either medium until they have been in the medium for a full 3 weeks, then I begin feeding, and I go straight to full strength.

5 Likes

@Newt you can just layer your dirt half of the FFOF on bottom and H.F on top layer and they will grow so healthy .

2 Likes

That’s basically what I end up with. A 1 gallon plug of FFHF surrounded by FFOF.

2 Likes

Update: flush totally did the trick

@yoshi no, not right.

2 Likes

Thats what i was thinking at first too bro. You think i should start at half strength or just go full blast?

Autoflower

1 Like