Why are my Leaves curling down

Idk what is going on with this girl. All was going good and all of a sudden I noticed that the leaves are starting to curl down. It’s in happy frog soil in 3 gallon fabric pot the temps in the tent are around 73° with light’s on and around 65° when light’s off. Not getting any nutes yet, was gonna give it top feedings of nature living soil with black strap molasses watering.

1 Like

Someone told me that the plant has a Variegation mutation, and that’s why the leaves are two toned

Here ya go.
Strain; Type, Bag Seed, Or Na

Soil In Pots, Hydroponic, Or Coco?

System Type?

Ph Of Runoff Or Solution In Reservoir?

What Is Strength Of Nutrient Mix? Ec, Or Tds

Indoor Or Outdoor

Light System, Size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation System; Yes, No, Size

Ac, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add Anything Else You Feel Would Help Us Give You A Most Informed Answer. Feel Free To Elaborate. Clear pictures in natural or white light helps a lot.
Happy Growing.

2 Likes

I see variegation, but that won’t be the cause of clawing leaves.

It can be caused by pH issues. Do you know your runoff pH. Fill out the support ticket that @Storm posted for better help.

3 Likes

Okay here we go… It’s a Northern Lights autoflower seed by ilgm in a 2x2 tent it sprouted from the soil on February 17. I have a carbon filter pulling air out and then I have another one blowing fresh air in the tent. I have one exhale XL co2 bag located at the bottom of the tent, a friend said to put the exhale bag up above the plants but I’m afraid the carbon filter will pull it out before it has a chance to get to the plant. The light is a DAKASON LED Grow Light 1500, Full Spectrum LED Growing Lamp. With a dimmer switch. It’s on 18/6 light cycle and everything was going great till about 3 days ago I noticed the leaves curling down and I don’t know why or what I can do to fix it. I don’t pH usually. I use tap water and I tested it a few times and it’s always 7.0

pH and PPM being out of range are potential causes. Suggest monitoring them, as cannabis can be sensitive to both.

1 Like

Oh and my humidifier just died on me and the Rh in the area I live is low right now in the single digits

RH issues won’t be a cause for clawing.

1 Like

Save your money with these products. CO2 will not be helpful given your lighting and grow environment. Supplemental CO2 will not be used by the plant unless you are running a closed environment, very intense lighting, and are pushing high nutrient levels. CO2 is a waste of money and time for the average hobby grower due to these factors.

5 Likes

Oh okay I didn’t know that. Thanks for the info

Cupping down for me is usually too much light to early, or too hot at the leaf (heat avoidance), overwatering(although those look dry) and underwatering does similar but shrivelly. Feeding to early and or PH…so there are lots of reasons it can happen. So process of elimination and answering that support ticket above would rule out a few. If I were a betting man I’d start with pH correction and testing the runoff ppm and pH as my springboard.

How old are they 3-4 weeks, still on 3 leaf…just popping 5s.

3 Likes

Okay I’m gonna start checking the pH of the runoff

1 Like

6.3 to 6.8 is the range you are looking for in soil.

4 Likes

You can dampen a towel and hang it in the tent or put some bowls of water with a fan blowing across them, single digit RH, it’ll evap quickly…Little girls llke that do well at 50-70%…so could be a factor.

2 Likes

7.0 ph is a touch high i think. Try to get 6.2-6.8. Before organic i tried to stay 6.2-6.5 soil.

3 Likes

Looks to be PH related to me, any numbers going in and coming out for PH as in run off?

3 Likes