Why are her Leaves yellow?

It’s me Again! I’ve Never had Problems like this before and I’m not doing anything different that I can recall. White Widow Auto. The other one is just fine But this one’s fans leafs are Yellow with a touch of Rust color. Too much Fertilizer? Too much water or not enough?

What can I do to help her???

Looks like the start of a magnesium deficiency and if you are seeing little brown or rusty spots on the leafs could be calcium but that looks like the start of magnesium def… have you been feeding nutes if you have what type of soil and what nutes is she getting and what is the PH

2 Likes

Yup all i see is a Mag def. make sure your pH is in proper range. If so, add a dab of Calmag. The rust could be Calcium (i dont see that anywhere tho). It looks like little dots of orange, yellow, random rust

2 Likes

What medium are you growing in?

1 Like

I’m using Organic Soil and “this grow” I’m using FoxFarm products where as last grow was using Bergmann’s products. I had to change because they were out of stock of Bergmann’s… I’ve been Sure to test the waters pH and adjust it if needed!
! And Today the other one has Rust and purple Fan Leaves!! I’m about to pull my hair out on these two!!! I just kinda Flushed them both and checked the pH of the water coming out and it read Neutral… Their Buds look great but something is wrong. The ONLY thing Different this grow is using FoxFarm and trying out a Digital pH meter, Strips and my usual Dropper testing. I’m going to go Straight back to the Dropper method and use only One FoxFarm product I guess.
I have Never Ever had Problems Before this grow that’s why I Asked for Professional help.

I’m using Organic Soil and “this grow” I’m using FoxFarm products where as last grow was using Bergmann’s products. I had to change because they were out of stock of Bergmann’s… I’ve been Sure to test the waters pH and adjust it if needed!
! And Today the other one has Rust and purple Fan Leaves!! I’m about to pull my hair out on these two!!! I just kinda Flushed them both and checked the pH of the water coming out and it read Neutral… Their Buds look great but something is wrong. The ONLY thing Different this grow is using FoxFarm and trying out a Digital pH meter, Strips and my usual Dropper testing. I’m going to go Straight back to the Dropper method and use only One FoxFarm product I guess.
I have Never Ever had Problems Before this grow that’s why I Asked for Professional help

I think I’ve been over fertilizing with FoxFarm. I was mixing:
0-0.5-0.7 With 2-8-4 Every week But it says every other week on Both labels. It also says it’s better to use those two together but I’m not so sure about that anymore. They Should be getting enough magnesium, etc. though. Or am I wrong?? Organic Soil

How much Calmag should I feed them and how often??? I just got it today and it says to “Use from cutting to flush. Intended for hydro or continuous liquid feeding.” Amount: grow phase 2-4ml; for Bloom phase 3-5ml
**I’m in the Bloom phase. Do I add to my Bergmann’s growtime Or just mix it with water and give it Now? Do I Saturate until it comes out of the bottom?
I’m sorry for such a long text But I don’t want to kill them and I’m still learning. Thanks so much

I like to add calmag on water days. Use as directed on the bottle. Maybe half strength.

If it says 2 tsp… put 1 tsp in a gallon of water. PH IT PROPERLY. Then pour into soil. Do you have a picture of the entire plant?

2 Likes

I went ahead and added the Max of 5ml to the leftover Bergmann’s growtime water (less than 1/4 of a Gallon) then filled it up with the best pH water and then fed them. I’ll try to remember to send you pics of my two girls soon. Another question is Should I remove All the affected leaves? I’ve already have removed most But left a few on just to see If they’re improving. I’ve been researching for weeks now and it seems like everyone has a preference of their own on certain things But most are the same when it’s about vitamin deffenencie. I Really Appreciate you helping me!!!

I don’t understand this statement. Are you saying you mix nutes, PH the bulk of the water before adding to mixed nutes then use? If so that is not how to do it.

1 Like

I quit using Fox Farm products. I have found the PH of fox farm will vary from bottle to bottle and batch to batch. Amd it would change the ph of my water and i kept having to readjust the ph. I switched to a product that is already balanced.

I have had almost no problem with my Ph after dropping the f.f. line.

1 Like

I check pH First and adjust Then add nutes. This time I added calmag to the “leftover” Treated/Fertilized water which was less than 1/4 gallon and Added pH controlled water to make it a Full Gallon. I hope you can understand what I mean?? Anyway, it must have worked because they are looking Much Better!! Thanks for your help!!

Add nutes to water, then PH: this is how it’s done. If you don’t; you could deliver solution that is in the 3.5 range.

3 Likes

Same here!! They were out of the Bergmann’s products so I had to use FoxFarm and That’s when my girls started to have Problems!! I found that I already had Bergmann’s Growtime and switched back to that and added calmag to my water and Behold my girls are looking so Much Better!!! Thanks

OH!! I’ve been doing it wrong for three years now!! Thanks for sharing this with me!!! I’ll be Sure to do that :+1::+1::+1:. I may have bigger yields now. I Truly Appreciate all your help!!

3 Likes

Fox Farms is notorious for building salts that have to be flushed. If you follow one of their published grow schedules it calls for periodic flushes.

I’m going to be using a newer product line called ‘Jack’s 3-2-1’ which is considered to be the hot ticket right now. Ease of use and less sensitivity to solution strength makes it very attractive. It is also WAY less expensive than FF.

1 Like

This is The Greatest group ever! I’m Very Thankful for the Teaching and I’m Learning more and more!

3 Likes

I’ll look into that, thanks again for your help!!

1 Like