Wht should I do about Browning leaves

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

1 Like

What is the medium your using ?? white gravel ?? lime stone rock??

1. Ygriega; critical amnesia; Afghan kush
    2.hydrponic
    3.12 bucket grow tent
    4.5.8-6.3
  2. Rx Grow solution
  3. Indoor
  4. I believe thy are 600 (2 of thm in the tent)
  5. 60-70
    9.yes
  6. No
  7. No (not sure wht that is )

your ph is way out should be 5.8 or between 5.5-6.1 6.3 is fairly high for hydro with your Hps on hard to tell much from photo but I can see water level is fairly high so suspect much of it is from nute splash

Can I get a picture in real light and some clearer idea of system? is it a bubbler ebb and flow etc.?

No it’s some kind of rock mixed with glass so bugs can’t get in. I’ll sent you the name as soon as I get to it…

The green I believe is just coming from the plants.

water is definetly too high that is a DWC bubbler system the net should be just above water level 1/2" or more the burn on the leafs is from splashing lower water should prevent this happening again the green is algea

http://hydroponiacs.com/what-is-hydroponics/

http://www.hydroponic-grow.com/diy-dwc-hydroponic-system-plans/
Your water is too high the burnt leaves won’t heal but lowering water will prevent more

just a thought ,i use clay pellets . there inert . years ago went to a hydro store that sold hydro gravel i think lime stone not sure .‘’ but the lady said they were getting complaints on that medium she said it was creating lock up problems… "it looks like what you have. " just food for thought … clay seems to be a neutral medium . And in hydro ower plants only receive what we feed them .

set up he’s using is large aquarium stone inert and sufficient for task at hand but if you look in picture his water is bubbling right through top of stones so getting nutes and water on lower leaves

thought what i was seeing was reflected light ., good catch … D, and on that note, are the containers FULL of gravell or is it in baskets ???. was wandering why the water level is so high .??

Beginner

My opinion id remove the bottom worse 2 so your plant stops trying to put nutrients into dead leaves, others may say no, but if they are dead I don’t see what It would hurt any ways and if you do decide to cut them than about, as close to the branches as possible, but leave a little bit of the leaf stem to support the branch. @DonaldJ, @garrigan62 what do you guys think

sounds about right

Well gota tell ya cutting leaves won’t help this a
High ph, Low organic matter, High Phosphorus levels in the soil, and or lack of nitrogen.
Hydro and Soil less Mediums

Magnesium gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-5.7
Magnesium is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.8-9.1
(Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Magnesium deficiency.

Soil

Zinc gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 4.5-4.7, 7.5-9.5
Zinc absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 5.0-7.0 (Wouldn’t recommend having a soil ph of over 7.0 in soil) Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Zinc Deficiency.

Solution to fixing a Zinc deficiency
Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have potassium in them will fix a Zinc deficiency. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!)
And any of the following nutrients will fix a zinc deficiency: Zinc sulfate, zinc chelated, or zinc oxides are adequate fertilizer sources for zinc. Or you can bury galvanized nails in the soil. (Make sure you take off the sharp point at the end to prevent roots from being damaged) Garden Manure, which is slow acting. Greensands, Cottonseed Meal are both medium/slow absorption as well.
Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics,( which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) You need to Flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.
This pic is what I believe it to be Magnesium deficiency

This pic is zinic deficiency

Can you see the similarly in the pic’s which I believe is a zinic deficiency.
Have you check your PH

Will

Thanks buddy for the opinion

Yes I’ve checked the Ph nd I’m growing in water