Who remembers getting bags like this?

Boy do i remember though’s day’s 4 finger ounce $20. bucks and full of seeds and twigs

Will

11 Likes

I totally forgot about finger measuring @garrigan62

1 Like

yup the good old days revisited…LOL

Will

1 Like

It would take an unfortunate event like early onset Alzheimer to forget “dirtweed” no matter how hard we try. Schwaggg is what it was called in RI in the 90’s before we started getting the indoor grown “Dutch”. Lord knows the Dutch was about as affordable as unobtainium.
In the 80’s in SoCal I recall that it was all “humidified” with some kind of citrusy product that if used in excess really brought out the ammonia like scent of the decomposing chlorophyll or whatever that stanky non cannabis scent was.

1 Like

I don’t even mind being so spoiled on all this luxurious homegrown cannabis we’re all cultivating and curing to absolute perfection.

3 Likes

What brand is your vaporizer @kabongster I am looking to get one soon

Arizer brand, Extreme Q is the model…the company has a .com for the latest info, eBay had the best price three years ago.

1 Like

ONE WORD, THREE SYLLABLES:

Paraquat!!!

:poop:

~ If you remember THOSE days, I feel sorry fer both uv us… :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

Shoot - I remember “Kentucky Blue Grass” from the late seventies.

PARAQUAT was the fault of Mexican growers trying to salvage what Govt spraying did.

KBG was just plain STUPIDITY

GREEN LEAVES by the bagful - with no THC content to speak of at all. It never DID have any buds in it…

takes me back to Santa Monica 1977…stems and seeds and fine fine times

2 Likes

I remember $10 lids for first few months I smoked. Locally grown near where I worked in LA. It was nice clean stuff. Then had to buy the stink weed at $15 for four fingers. About 1/3 stems, 1/3 seed, and 1/3 of some kind of smoke.

Seeds used to be a nuisance, now I go thru the buds looking for them.

1 Like

Bags of Columbian Red Bud were super seedy and super good smoke, hashish taste - talking 1978 era!

2 Likes

Same in Sacramento… Bags started at $10, 1970 and quickly went to $15 for four fingers but often times they must of used a midget’s hand when the smoke was killer … Most smoke was Mexican brick weed but every now and then some better bud came along … Remeber breaking up those bricks, stuff I wouldn’t even touch today, yea today’s weed is not like your dads!

I see a little mistake here. It was about 1/4 stems, 1/4 seeds, 1/4 some kind of smoke, 1/4 something else.

1 Like

70’s wow 4 finger lids in west tx. 25-40 columbian, columbian gold, Panama red if you knew the right guy. Never bud always shake, my first time seeing bud, navy san dog cali.

1 Like

Totally destroyed the michoacan grass. Some really really nice strains got decimated. Thanks Pres. Reagan. Loved ya but you killed some good dope.

Basic at Nimitz here. We would muster and watch the Marines on Pendleton already falling out from 4 am 5 milers. Always thought… I got in the right branch you poor bastards.

2 Likes

Dont forget the airport next to both of us.

I just got some from my Safari Guide in Uganda that looked just like that last month

'Lumbo…

Way back in the seventies a FAT bag of four or five fingers depth was around $30 USD

~ I think that red and gold Columbian Bud was the origin of the phrase:

“If you get greedy, you CHOKE”

~ You heard that a lot around pool tables
(billiard tables)

*Pardon my reminiscing...*
1 Like