Who likes hot peppers?

I will have to get the wife to try that Lime Basil. She grows Lemon, Opal and Cinnamon Basil the cinnamon has been difficult to get started. May have been old seeds don’t know. TY for the heads up in Lime that sounds cool… :v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@nmgeo They look great!

1 Like

Looking awesome @nmgeo !

Nice! @JaneQP good start going!

Can’t wait to see some peppers on mine I picked all the flowers about a week or so ago, I do have some baby zucchini and cucumbers showing face and peppers are starting to flower again

3 Likes

@Mikedin two of the Chinese five are going to be Purple. Leaves have already changed colors.

2 Likes

Just checked and saw I have a few baby bell peppers popping out, rest are still flowering, tons of cucumbers coming out though!

4 Likes

How’s everyone doing! Haven’t seen any posts in awhile, had to do some staking today had some 70mph winds come through yesterday few plants got knocked down but so far all seem alive

About 5 tomatoes (size of cherry tomatoes) on each plant also, picked some cucumbers today and lettuce, along with 20-30 radishes and about 40 strawberries and a few onions

9 Likes

Been awhile folks how’s everyone doing?? Some hot cherry peppers, jalapeños, Hungarian hot wax and some sweet bell and sweet banana peppers all poking their heads out! No habs yet though lol lots of flowers though!

4 Likes

We took a 3 day trip to the mountains. I only have three peppers left and no pumpkins.

My hubs weed whacked down all the sunflowers.

1 Like

Those gardens look great!

Just starting to pull the softnecks, hardnecks another 2 weeks
Toms are only 2 feet tall and loaded with flowers and small toms.
Peppers, still pinching flowers and fruits, maybe a foot tall too small to allow to fruit.
Zucs/Squash/Cucs only 3" fruits.

3 Likes

Here’s a few from my garden

Small red chilies

In the front is a stunted hot cherry (not sure what happened) and then some shishito

Hot cherry

A fairly large bell plant (I know it’s not hot)

Pretty sure these are cayenne but I forgot to label!

3 Likes

I hurt for you… rabbits destroyed my first sunflowers… but I love watching them lol so I planted more… and about to start 6 different types for fun… and just got my pumpkins in the ground lol

Yep past few days have been nice to the peppers, hot out 80-85f , 70%RH Hungarian hot wax / hot cherry and jalapeño all doing well as well as my daughters sweet banana peppers lol tomatoes are going crazy 40 plants with 8-9 tomatoes the size of billiard balls already and at least another 40-50 flowers on each plant… I’m gunna need more mason jars :joy::joy: stole a case from the stash today to start curing a plant I chopped a few days ago lol

4 Likes

Few more pics

6 Likes

Chickens been pulling on them

6 Likes

Test pic on some Cherry Bomb peppers coming on.

7 Likes

Awesome! I love those! Can’t wait till mine are full size (cherry peppers) I have about 10 plants around the yard lol, few fresh zucchini anyone?

3 Likes

Couldnt wait to sample.

First jalapeños and Hungarian hot wax. Too early-no heat but still good.

7 Likes

Aww now you’re making me jealous haha my jalapeños and hot wax are still too early too, can’t wait though

Fresh picked jalapeño, cut off top, drop in a chunk of cheddar and stand it up between some grill grates (charcoal only) I do like 10 of them at a time and eat them while I’m cooking :joy:

2 Likes

Anyone ever have Hungarian hot wax peppers all grow vertically? Mine have always dropped down once they where an inch long or so, but all these pepper plants are PACKED with peppers, all 6 of them are growing upright, all my years of growing them I’ve never seen them do this it looks awesome haha, jalapeño and hot cherry pepper plants are packed with peppers too but the jalapeños are all drooping down like normal as are the sweet banana peppers just thought it was cool

5 Likes

Every once in a while, I have 3 or 4 of 18 out there doing it, same with Jalepenos.

Garden looks lush, you’re gonna be busy.

1 Like