Who likes hot peppers?

I was thinking just that today earlier… That or some wood chip mulch need to get that dirt covered. thanks for the reminder

1 Like

I’m not much of a pepper fan. Absolutely love pepperoncini, but won’t go much further than a jalapeno.

I do make my own rub, which is made up of a bunch of pepper varieties. White pepper, black, cayenne, tellicherry, paprika, toasted onion, chili powder, and fine garlic powder.

4 Likes

@nmgeo They look good, but I think @CurrDogg420 is right, maybe some straw or something? Mine are still hanging out in the greenhouse during the day and inside at night, as the night temps are still bit too chilly. I’m hoping to get them and the tomatoes in the ground this week, though.

4 Likes

Yeah lots of difference in temps from Ohio to NM… I agree need some coverage straw or wood mulch. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Here we go added cypress wood mulch (I liked the light color) to the hot pepper boxes and I added about a inch or two to the outside girls too. The cypress mulch states it will stay in place and not float away. Wonder what it will do in near hurricane wind we get every now and again. I kid you not some years we see sustained wind @ 60+ mph and gust up to 70… :crazy_face:

That’s it for now.

6 Likes

@nmgeo I think they all look happier already!

2 Likes

Thanks I agree :heart: out of love already… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Pepper plants I started on January 2nd. Just sitting in a window in my house since they sprouted.

My son and I split the first orange ripe habanero and all I can say is wow is that hot!:japanese_goblin:

5 Likes

Excellent you are way ahead of the curve… :heart: :hot_pepper: :v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Last week they have grown

4 Likes

@fast-grow WOW! Really impressive!

2 Likes

Yep, I love Ghost Peppers and all the other hotter types.
:v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

They doing well in the homade potting soil

4 Likes

I’m treating them badly I’ve been pinching off flowers and pinching the branches topped a few too.

1 Like

Well you get them to veg longer that way… :v: :sunglasses:

Yeah they were in I inch plugs and had unopened flowers I wanted them to grow more so I gave them some stress training . I never

1 Like