Who likes hot peppers?

Let’s get the pepper party started! Share your pics, past or present, recipes, stories, garden plans for the year, or whatever you like. :+1:

Before my state made weed legal, growing hot peppers was my first gardening obsession. I like to make my own hot sauces and it’s fun daring my friends to eat a habanero with me when they stop by to see my garden. Something happens in your brain once you catch a buzz from eating something that hot where you start to find pleasure in it.

I grew these pods in my veg tent over the winter. They were all scotch bonnet varieties I grew in the garden last year. I liked the different shapes and colors so I decided to try cloning them and see if I could create some of my own S1 seeds.

Turned out I didn’t really know what I was doing, and I gave up trying to pollinate them myself with paintbrushes a while back. But it looks like nature still found a way in spite of my many mistakes. I’m going to try running these seeds in the garden this year, and of course a few super hots.

Scotch Bonnet “CurrDogg” F1 :heart_on_fire:

17 Likes

Love my hot chilis,
Currently I grow Tepin chilis and Jalapenos, anchos, cayennes,. They, Tepins, are tiny thin skinned with an interesting smoky flavor.
We dry them and use them on pizza, pastas and whatever else we eat.

5 Likes

All out of love

2 Likes

I typically grow some hot banana peppers. The fam likes to stuff them with cream cheese and wrap in bacon. Catch them on the grill here all summer long.

11 Likes

I just picked up some red habeneros along with one serrano. I’ll no doubt get a chili pequin or two when they get some in. Neighbor always gives me pepper starts so no telling what else I’ll end up with. Got some Golden bells germinating with my AK47’s right now. I was planning on germinating all own peppers this year but, couldn’t help myself while browsing the garden section of Ace.

2 Likes

This is a thread for @AfgVet. She infuses thc into her salsas.

7 Likes

10 gallon +/- Lacto Fermenting Serrano.
I do smaller batches of Tabasco, Reapers, Habs, Bhats, 7pots, let alone the peppers for dehydrating.
Careful a mild pepper can pollinate your superhots and the other way around. I’ve had bonnets mild as a green bell and red bells as hot as a cayenne. Not to say its a bad thing, but I now buy all my pepper seeds, if I start them early enough or overwinter I root cuttings for spring planting.

5 Likes

Lol, love the heat :fire::fire::fire:. And yes, I need to get in the kitchen this week and make some hot sauces. Finally got all of the canning supplies.

7 Likes

They look great! I grow those and they get hotter with every year that it grows.
They are really good and not quite as hot when I grill’em. :hot_pepper: :raising_hand_woman:t2:

3 Likes

All my sauces start with lacto fermented mash. :+1: I’d love to trade some recipes, I gotta find where I wrote mine down.

We grew out some of my home saved seeds in our Covid garden, so I know what you mean. They were supposed to be cayenne, and most were, but I ended up with a couple that were sorta halfway to a jalapeño.

It was all scotch bonnet in the tent but they were all different phenos. I’m kinda hoping I lucked out and the pods I ended up with were sorta the last-ditch self preservation type. I’m excited to see what I end up with.

2 Likes

I got my hands on some Carolina reapers and devils toe peppers. I got a couple plants going. I been growing it in a tent and bringing it out a little bit during the day. Flower pods are starting to pop up and it’s topped itself. Can’t wait for the peppers. Going to make some fire chili.

3 Likes

I don’t like to eat a whole one, but they really do have a great taste in a sauce. They’re on the list again for sure.

3 Likes

I used to grow ghost peppers and carolina reapers and chocolate habaneros and Trinidad Scorpions i use to be able to eat them like apples if i was having a meal i would take a bite of the chilli and then my food thats how i used to eat them

4 Likes

Oh lord you are tough…

My wife makes some super hot salsa… Here is some she grows and uses in that salsa.

5 Likes

Na i was stupid lol i was doing that when i was in my late 30,s and now im paying for it i have bad acid problems and i believe its from having these super hot chillies and now i cant stand any hot spicy foods

4 Likes

Yeah my wife talked me into eating a bite out of one Carolina Reaper … It will never happen again… :hot_face: :hot_face: :hot_face:

3 Likes

Just wait until u think u have washed ur hands properly after getting the juice from a reaper and then u go to the toilet and find out u still have se juice on ur hands let me tell ya its a whole world of new pain lol make sure u wash ur hand six tes with soap and hot water

6 Likes

I like hot but I can’t do those reaper ones lol hers what we grew hot wax " banana peepers " they grow upsidedown and some jalapeno

5 Likes

Sounds like the voice of experience to me… :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Ur right there :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes