Who is Growing Around Chicago?

How is every ones grow doing? I live about 80miles south west of Chicago. I was not able to plant till about the 15ish of May. Normally like to plant around the first week. With all the rain we have been getting, it could not be done. I think the rain is now finally gonna slow down a bit.
I have had little to no success planting in the ground, were I am at so I planted in 10 gallon pots. I did try the ground again, in my newer veggie garden.
Have not been able to add any nutrients, since mother nature has been keeping things extra wet. My plants are looking fine, now we just need hot weather to make them grow.
I should be able to add pictures soon, when I wrote this phone is charging and i was out all day working in the garden and with my chickens and bees.

3 Likes

I’m a ways away, but there might be a few growers on here from that area.

3 Likes

I know they are from around the area. I have chatted with one or two on here. I know water is good for the plants, i was just a bit concerned about ALL the rain we have been getting. Wanting to know how others are doing with the LARGE amounts of rain.

Due to all the rain, I’m sure they’re heavily feeding nutrients from the rain. @Larry815

1 Like

@Larry815 I’m in your neck of the woods and I’ve been thinking about putting a couple in the ground, but I’ve held off because of the constant rain. I’ve never done outdoor so I’m not so sure about which way to go.

1 Like

Lot of wind turbines around you I bet.

1 Like

I did in the ground when i had a very good rich soil veggie garden. They did vedy well. Three plants.
Since i moved, the soil is clay. I amended the soil, still not good.
Last year did pots not bad.
This year 10 gallon pot… wait n see.
Plus a few extra plants in my garden. Soil still not as good as my other garden, but its now a 3yr veggie garden… still trying

2 Likes

Lol…
Not quite there. Almost bought land there. But small town area

2 Likes

I’m here in NW Indiana about 45-50 miles southeast from Chicago. I have 5 Autos growing since May 1.
Daily rain and cold nights made getting started a challenge, had to keep bringing them inside at night but now the last 10 days there starting to take off. I have been growing outside here for 6 years now and this is my first springtime - now trying some Autos. The last 5 years I just planted (fems) in mid-June, starts flower in 3rd week of August and harvest late October / early November.

2 Likes

I’m a little west of Joliet on 80. Our bs governor and the rest of the Chicago Democratic Machine legalizing cannabis in Illinois but only medical marijuana card holders are allowed to grow.
What a crock.

2 Likes

I grew Auto Last year in the ground and had very little luck. so I just stuck with the regular fems. So far this year have only fertilized once, since it is raining every few days. My plants seem to be doing fairly well. I am now growing almost all in pots. Even though we are getting all this rain we really need the warm weather now for them to take off. I had some seeds I bought from here and a friend gave me a few.
Of them I have found a few already that are male and had to go.
I would have to say, that about have of all my plants are doing id say very well. Than out of the rest, only 1 or 2 are doing so, so. the rest are doing good.
Might end up being a better year for me. Since my first year I did VERY GOOD.
2ed year was a total failure and last year was a so so year…so fingers crossed!!

1 Like