Who here likes to drink good bourbon?

Nice to see a bourbon thread. My current bottle (I don’t drink a lot so typically have only one at a time) is Four Roses Small Batch.

Also like Woodford reserve, Angel’s Envy and honestly, a bunch of others.

I drink it neat. I’m a alcohol lightweight though, so one shot only - two and I’m fairly plastered. I don’t enjoy the sensation the way I do being high.

3 Likes

I’m a fan of Woodford’s Double Oak. A little darker, nice and mellow.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll have to look that one up. My best friend and I usually buy each other a nice bottle for birthdays, so perhaps this will be the one I get next time.

2 Likes

Also my current Daily Driver and nice at $35 and I think smoother and tastier than the $55 bottle below; still good just not a treat comparatively.

OYO Wheat is nice, but I cant find it locally, so until Im passing through Ohio.

OOOOOH annoying Skinny Font, must be going hipster skinny jeans and man-bun hair here.

1 Like

I agree on the four roses. If you like small batch, look for the single barrel, a little more money, but it’s really good.

Another really great value is Evan Williams bottled in bond. People pass it up because of the low price point, but it really is a pretty good bottle that drinks easy and doesn’t break the bank by any means.

2 Likes

I was just reading along not a big Bourbon or whiskey guy but I live in KY. And it’s sad to say all the bottles y’all talk about are about at every liquor store no matter how big they are. We do 3 things in KY Horses, bourbon, Basketball “ except for this year in basketball” F****** Cats

Been wanting to take a trip to Makers and a couple others on the trail. Been to Jack Daniels it was pretty neat to see the process.

Buffalo Trace,Knobbs, Haden. If I can’t find them 4 roses.

1 Like

Look up bourbon festival in bardstown Ky I think it’s back on now haven’t done it last 2 yrs cause of the Covid but it’s all the big and small distilleries come in for a few days and give out free or almost free samples

I’ve had some nice bourbon at tastings & I’d never say “no” to a nice bourbon.

However, I use it mostly as a mixer. Makers Mark when I want it strong. Bottom shelf Evan Williams when I want it cheap.

If I’m spending serious money on liquor, I’m buying 18-year single malt scotch. I’ve had some 21s, but for my taste, it starts losing what I like after 18.

1 Like

I drink scotch too. Couple bottles from Balvenie i really like. 14 year aged in rum casks :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I use this to cold brew Espresso ground coffee in the French press, nice bite and caffeine kicker when ya get home from work.

We just finished off a Balvenie 14 and a Talisker Storm not too long ago.

We are currently working on a Glenfidditch 14 & a Fire & Cane. Fire & Cane is smokier/peatier than standard Glenfidditch.

My wife likes the Speyside scotches & does most of the shopping.

I tend to go more for Oban, Bowmore & Argbeg.

1 Like

I was gifted a bottle of Jack Daniel’s Sinatra. I’ve always been a huge JD fan.

1 Like

Bourbon Festival looks like a great time. Have to add that one to the list of to do’s!!

2 Likes

Really like the Glenfidditch, good stuff

2 Likes

Screw bourbon. Well Four Roses is good and its rare that I like Bourbons.

I am a Single Malt drinker. Well when I decide to partake which is like 1/2 oz every 6 months or so. I had over a $10k Single Malt collection. Till the USA changed the shipping rules which sucked. I had to give my collection up as I did not want to cross 3 States with open containers.

My buddy enjoyed every last drop. :+1:

I was also a Home brewer and I had to pour a 3 year old mead that was in a 5 gallon glass carboy. I told my friend to come get the gear. He didn’t so it all went to the garbage dumpster as I had no room to move it. Sucked a big one.