Who has knowledge in homemade tinctures

This is what im trying to find out. My hubby takes store bought full spectrum cbds. He takes a dropper full(25 mg) am & pm.
My question is if i make a tincture @ home will the cbds in tincture be the same as stated on strain. Say 4% cbds in plant will a dropper full still be 4%. How do you figure this out?

It’s like stated thc levels. It all depends on the grow and genes to hit those exact %.

1 Like

So i grew crystal with a 4% cbd. Will tincture be 4%? I know there is variants on thc & cbds but im jist trying to figure out many droppers full he would need to make 25%. So 5 to 6 droppers full?

Should be but it just like thc can very some from plant to plant and how it’s grown. You would need to have it tested to see if the exact % is needed.

2 Likes

Thanks for input. Dont think i can get it tested. Im in a stupid illegal state.

2 Likes

I know the feeling. Start a little low and adjust from there would be the safe route. Me on the other hand would be like “gimme all you got”. Lol

4 Likes

And there is a slight weight loss when processing cannabinoids. I’m just learning about that, myself, so I don’t have much info. I think it’s something like 20% of the cannabinoid weight is lost when decarbing/processing. So, that 4% (or 40mg per gram) would end up being more like 3% (30mg per gram).

2 Likes

I’ll be making some CBD oil in a few weeks, using some hemp trim, ever clear, and the source. I was going to just calculate the total CBD, subtract for the weight-loss, then do the stoner math to calculate how many drops equals how many mg.

1 Like

Are you using alcohol, oil, or glycerin?

1 Like

Tincture strength can vary greatly depending on your decarb method, infusion method, and how you process the starting material. Ex if you are making it from kief, the mixture would be stronger than using unprocessed flower at decarb. Heat and time are also very important and will impact how concentrated your tincture can become.

2 Likes

Summed up my hubby in a nutshell!

1 Like

Alcohol, everclear

This is how I figure out a rough estimate for extracts, not just budder. :grinning:

3 Likes

Awesome girl! Many thanks!

1 Like

It’s like stated thc levels. It all depends on the grow and genes to hit those exact %.

1 Like

So you need to dry trim before decarbing it. Do you need to cure it as well or are edibles completely different.

1 Like

No need to cure, but definitely want everything dry.

Lost your recipes thread. I was just given a 2oz. Bottle of cbd oil that my mother-in-law doesn’t like the taste of to try making gummies. Do you have a recipe?