Who can say "HOME DEPOT" grow lights.. up or đź‘Ž

I’d like to see what everyone thinks about the led grow lights from H/D. Also what the deal with A “gram a Watt”…
true or false

1 Like

@Brandini
Depending on which light it is from there will determine wether you can use it for flower or early veg only. Got any pics of what you’re looking at ?

Very true. Many experienced growers accomplish this on a regular basis.
Now also that’s folks with plenty of light for their space and their environment is also dial’d in. Air flow , nutes , temps , etc.
Strain selection plays a role as well.
:v:

4 Likes

Lol that gram a watt started as a sales pitch when the blurple LEDs came out and it was the goal but now with these high efficiency LEDs it’s pretty easy to hit 1g per watt most led companies are claiming 2.5g/watt now

As for the h/d lights you can grow under just about any light but imo light is number 2 on the important list for growing only 2nd to water and if want quality weed you need quality lights, now that doesn’t mean name brand buying a name just makes you look good it doesn’t make them better quality lights especially now a days you can buy a pretty good light and not spend alot of $

I would say light is number one. Every process depends on the quality of the light. Without it you can’t grow cannabis. Crappy water can be dealt with and is one of the parameters you can fine tune as your skills grow. But light is the engine that drives the plant: more light means more nutrient/water transport. It means higher levels of photosynthesis. It means plant is able to fight off disease and be an overall more healthy plant.

My last grow I did 1.27 grams/watt and didn’t break a sweat doing it, plus I had one plant with poor genetics in the grow.

4 Likes

I meant water in general yes if you have water it can be manipulated but without water nothing will grow

1 Like

I have seen that but not really thought about it. I just checked. I need to up my game bigtime. Last two grows where close but no cigar. With 4 plants in a 3x3, I have had 1 that was 50% of the other 3 both times. If I could throw out the curve breaker - no problem. But, facts are facts, truth is truth.

1 Like

Lol @beardless you are right about facts, and I guess I shouldn’t say it is easy to hit 1g/ mainly because of those damn lazy plants we get in almost every grow. Those lazy ones take just as much light/space as a healthy plant does.

Law of averages. Just need to grow more plants :sunglasses:

1 Like

Because I like regular seeds I’ve gotten in the habit of cramming as many as the space can hold knowing I’d lose a few. Lately I’ve been growing more fem seeds and I end up with a jungle

1 Like

I also should mention that my grow conditions are atrocious dyi it i have know choice. Its like an old pan-head cbopper…
Made up of whichever parts you can find and somehow I’m able to get it to run. I’m just saying I really appreciate all of your assistance but ultimately I have to come to the realization that I couldn’t possibly reach near what you guys are talking or on you-tube. Shit I just finely got both ppm and ph pens… but no calibration liquid(and thats How it is always a bummer waiting around th we corner. Makes it hard to do something I love, and I hate it. When I see sign of any kind of deficiency most have 2 or 3 things it maybe. I have 11… from ph swing… I have light issues, I’ve got dark issues any-way just wanted you guys to know I have absolutely no equipment or tech barley got home depot lights and test pens. Maybe someday I’ll see that kind of yield.
The only high quality tool I have is my genetics from “I.L.G.M”… I can’t say enough about these guys man as you can tell funds are well there not there. But my friends at I.L.G.M had some good deals on w/w I’m sure your aware of 10 plus hooked me up with an extra 10 of gold leaf. I purchase them then I never freaking get them they say they delivered but they did not… I was screwed usps said they delivered there is no way Robert was gona be able to do anything for me. So head down and discouraged sent an e-mail to ilgm and with in 15 min I had not one but two Robert and Lisa sending me emails and before I could say “quit bogardin” that had already had my replacement order on the way… unbelievable Thanks again guys you saved my X-mas you have no idea. I would have been an even more of a p.o.s in my mind if I would have lost that at
x-mas

1 Like