Who can identify these leaf issues?

It’s a little hard to see. First up, White Widow…
The lower leaves have these brown spots forming. Is that a calcium deficiency? Do I just get a calcium supplement to fix that? Will it go back to normal once treated?

Second is Bubble Gum…
Maybe not the best photo, but some dark spots are also starting to appear. Is this the same thing maybe?

I have a third plant that is showing no leaf issues.

I am growing in Coco Coir, watering lightly daily if the medium dries out, and just started a small amount of nutrients yesterday. The White Widow was already showing these symptoms before I started the nutes.
800W LED around 0.5m above the plants.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

White Widow : ILGM
Bubble Gum: ILGM

Age from Sprout: WW = 2.5 weeks, BB = 1.5 weeks

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: 16L coco coir fabric pots

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? Every day / other day. If the top is warm to touch. I don’t water much.

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: No idea

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: Water is normally 40ppm, with the nutes (only fed once) 200ppm

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

Light system, size and height from plants: 800w, 0.5m above.

Temps; Day, Night: 22c / 14c

Humidity; Day, Night: 60% / 69% (maybe the other way around?)

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: Yes 4" with carbon filter

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: none

Co2; Yes, No: none

Many find that their first leaves get blemishes due to them being very tender and close to the wet soil/coco. As long as future growt looks good I wouldn’t worry to much about it. Remember you are in Coco so you will be pH’ing to 5.8, not 6.5 of soil. 1/4 nutes until your first full set of leaves and then you can increase.

5 Likes

Thank you. It’s just a little worrying when they grow so fast!

2 Likes

Just make sure your pH in your water and nutrients that causes a lot of issues if not done pH meters are cheap

4 Likes

If your feeding nutes a little calmag wouldn’t hurt but I wounldnt over do it. Maybe 1.5 - 2.5 ml per gallon to start. I agree with above postings - no reason to worry quite yet less it continues to spread as the plant grows. Checking ph of in and out is essential. Good luck!

2 Likes

Any PH meters you guys recommend? Is it ok to trust one for £7 off ebay?

They work but you’ll need to stock up on calibration buffer because they need calibrating regularly. They are pretty proud of that buffer ($7 for a couple weeks worth) so in the long run you’d be better off springing a little more up front for a trusted meter

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-AI209-Waterproof-Accuracy/dp/B01ENFOHN8/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?adgrpid=57643075164&hvadid=274682615271&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=1026481&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=e&hvrand=140131942241311485&hvtargid=kwd-374822355311&keywords=apera+ph20&qid=1555426998&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

2 Likes

So on those no need to recalibrate? Or just not as often?

Just not nearly as often. And it comes with a whole kit with 4.0 and 7.0 liquid calibration /reference solution. I used it the last two months of my grow and only calibrated once.

3 Likes