Whitest White Widow or Mold?

So i’m posting this again, I uploaded pictures in a previous thread when my plant was younger but now that I’m close to harvest I’m questioning it again.

So must of the buds looks normal like such:

However, I have a few that are white as snow, such as:

For the most part there’s not to many like this, took an overview below and if you look close enough you can see the areas that have the whiter buds.

Again I’m looking for some advice/insight here, should I be ready for nice high or have I royally messed up?

7 Likes

I don’t know what you could have possibly done to cause that. I also have no clue what to tell you. I remember you posting about that a month or so ago. If you can get a microscope for your camera maybe get a 50-60x zoom and let’s see what it looks like. Here is my AK47 at 200x

By the way, the part going out to the bottom left is a leaf, so yeah don’t cut them off and throw them away. they have a ton of goodness in them!

5 Likes

boy,i’m clueless on this…it looks wild though…whatever it is it looks as if it has trichs on it… @Majiktoker, @Donaldj what is your say on this?

1 Like

If there are trichomes growing on it then its not mold. But thats the whitest white widow I have ever seen. Nice job. I see tons of trichomes all over the white spots so I dont think it is mold

3 Likes

Yeah it definitely has trichomes on it.

maybe @BrandX should send us some so that we may test it…i would not want x to be consuming any mold…lol

3 Likes

You know I wonder if it might be some sort of verigation? You know striped leaves… But this is the flowers…

could be bob…i’m outta likes todaylol

1 Like

I still gotta couple left!

I digitally blew it up 150 percent. There are trichromes all over the buds. Maybe thats why they call it white widow. It really looks like cotton balls with trichrome on them. Amazing

13 Likes

That’s really quite beautiful.

2 Likes

Wow! That is beautiful. Would live to hear what it is. It looks like a gardenia flower with trichomes in this shot.

2 Likes

@bob31 - Definitely didn’t do anything special, I know it was cooler here then my previous grow which I have read can bring out the color in some strains, but only my 2nd good grow so couldn’t say. But I will get a good app for my phone and look to get a close up on the tric. Also I’ve heard of people saving all those sugar leaves for edibles…have yet to do anything with them myself, i’ll admit i tossed previous so i will look to save all the goodness i can this time around

@MAXHeadRoom - Thanks for the picture enlargement, although in person it still looks much more delicious :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and yes tons of tric. coming right off the white areas.

But glad to hear the chances of it being mold are out of the picture, In person it really doesn’t look anything like mold either but I just couldn’t find any pictures out there anywhere close so figured better safe then sorry and check again. As far as sharing I’d love to but unless your in the upstate NY area don’t think I can help anyone there.

4 Likes

kinda looks like light bleaching on top of plant

1 Like

Absolutely excellent grow buddy :clap: that is a dead sexy pheno you have going on there if it isn’t light bleaching which is doesn’t appear to be my hats off to you. :smile:

6 Likes

@BrandX I’m going visiting my family in upstate in July. Should be dried n cured by then right? I’ll be ur guinea pig.

@BrandX if your worried I would be happy to test it for you.awesome grow​:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

may be a bud of the month contender.

4 Likes

Your buds got bleached your light was way too close to the tops…or Atleast appears that way to me

3 Likes

I just went through a bout of bud rot and that is not what you have. Leaves and calyxes turn black and white and turn to jello.