PPM In pH in PPM Out pH Out
293 6.8 1180 6.6
395 7.0
540 6.6 762 6.5
518 6.6
349 5.3 513 6.2
373 6.9 976 6.0
679 6.4 842 6.4

I water every 2 to 4 days depending on moisture of soil.
Last water and feed was Feb 21 last readings on the chart above.

I’ve never had this problem before. Do not think I spilled nutes on leaves but maybe.

Thanks for help @dbrn32 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster @garrigan62 @Myfriendis410 @timmyv324 and anyone else I have forgotten.

1 Like

We’re suppose to ask you if you think you spilled anything on them? Lol

As soon as I see the word rust, I automatically look for calmag. If it’s not that, rust fungus. Those obviously seat of my pants type answers, lets see what the others think.

3 Likes

I can’t say for certain but those leaves look as dark as mine once did, I was told nitrogen toxic.

2 Likes

Yes, those leaves do look very dark. Definitely some nutes burn.

Ok, I think @Blazinace is correct. This is nitrogen toxicity and requires a good old flushing to fix it. It actually looks pretty severe, see how the leaves are folding over like tacos? When you start feeding again pull back on the nitrogen, but don’t cut it out completely.

2 Likes

@HJL

Magnesium is a component of the chlorophyll molecule and serves as a cofactor in most enzymes.

untitled

rust%20leaf

rust%20%23003

plant3mg

Magnesium deficiency will exhibit a yellowing (which may turn brown) and interveinal chlorosis beginning in the older leaves. The older leaves will be the first to develop interveinal chlorosis. Starting at leaf margin or tip and progressing inward between the veins. Notice how the veins remain somewhat green though as can be seen in figure 15.

Notice how in Figure 16 and 17 the leaves curl upwards like they’re praying? They’re praying for Mg! The tips may also twist.

This can be quickly resolved by watering with 1 tablespoon Epsom salts/gallon of water. Until you can correct nutrient lockout, try foliar feeding. That way the plants get all the nitrogen and Mg they need. The plants can be foliar feed at ½ teaspoon/quart of Epsom salts (first powdered and dissolved in some hot water). When mixing up soil, use 2 teaspoon dolomite lime per gallon of soil.

If the starting water is above 200 ppm, that is pretty hard water, that will lock out mg with all of the calcium in the water. Either add a 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of epsom salts or lime (both will effectively reduce the lockout or invest into a reverse osmosis water filter.

THIS IS WHAT YOU POSTED / I believe your / PPM IS YOUR PROBLEM AS WELL
see above You are way above 200 ppm

Feed, Feed Water Schedule
chart of last few feeds and watering’s

PPM In pH in PPM Out pH Out
293 6.8 1180 6.6

395 7.0 540 6.6

762 6.5 518 6.6

349 5.3 513 6.2

373 6.9 976 6.0

679 6.4 842 6.4

Mg can get locked-up by too much Ca, Cl or ammonium nitrogen. Don’t overdo Mg or you’ll lock up other nutrients

2 Likes

Oh, looks like I was wrong. Don’t listen to me! Thanks @garrigan62.

@raustin

Your fine my friend no harm done at all / Keep on grow’n

Will

1 Like