White widow outside

Hi. So I have a pitcher of the 10x solution still. Can I take a 10th of it and dilute it to a gallon and still use it or is there a time table for the nutrients still being good? Thanks so much for any input!

1 Like

How long has it been setting there?
Sorry not much help on the 10x stuff. Maybe @Myfriendis410 @peachfuzz @Bulldognuts
Can let you know something. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with your nutrients , so I’m no help there , but I don’t see why you can’t…
Buuutttt , my questions are …
What is your light cycle ?
And in all of the pics that I scrolled up too , your pots look wet , so I would say that it looks like your overwatering and that’s what’s giving you the biggest issues…
Once you stop overwatering , things will start to fall in line…
And if the plant is an auto , it looks like its not sure what to do…
I would put it into a 12/12 light cycle till harvest…
Some auto’s , are finicky like that and you have to grow them out like a photo to get the best results… :ok_hand: :+1:
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The nutrients are likely still good, but personally I would just not worry about trying to use. If it’s 10x the amount it should be and you want to attempt to dilute down to the proper ratio, as long as you’re sure you can get it within proper range then you could use. But if it’s off then you may cause more damage than it’s worth. Just my personal opinion, but I could be wrong :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes

@peachfuzz and @Bulldognuts for learning purposes, how long will a gal of Jacks nutes stay in a bucket before it goes bad? Any idea?

3 Likes

Pitcher has been sitting 2 days. If I use a 10th of the pitcher in a new pitcher and fill it with water, then ph it, that should work as long as it’s ok sitting 2 days?

2 Likes

No idea, I usually mix right before using. But I know that several people mix up several gallons in self watering systems and also for autopots.

2 Likes

If you agitate it periodically all you’d need to do is check/adjust PH before using. Good for at least 2 weeks.

2 Likes

I usually take the pics when I water. Doubt I’m overwatering but possibly? I water every 2 days or so.

2 Likes

I’m sure that nutrients are still fine, just be sure to check ph. It may have drifted.

2 Likes

Also they have been on a 20/4 schedule per recs on here before. Should I switch to 12/12? I have timer issues so I just have to make sure it is waking hours so I can just do it. I have gone through like 3 timers and still doesn’t work so gave up for now at least.

2 Likes

Yes , go to 12/12 …
Plant’s are in limbo at this point…
They aren’t sure what to do…
Going 12/12 will bring you to harvest…
Those look like 5 gallon pots and if your watering more than every 3 days , your overwatering I guarantee…
You look like your in soil…
Soil is a pain in the butt when it comes to watering…
It’s the biggest problem that all soil mj growers are faced with…
You should poor slowly and poor till 20% runoff or else your soil can become hydrophobic and not retain water and if you keep your media too moist than you will have issues that look like your having…
It’s a fine line…
I totally get it… :+1:t4:
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hey. This timer is giving me trouble not keeping time. Do you have any idea why it isn’t keeping the time? Is it supposed to charge or something? I have the buttons set for the time but then the actual time is not changing so when time comes to turn it off, it doesn’t do so because it doesn’t know the right time.

Haven’t had any trouble like that with them. I might get a little to high and get the am pm backwards. Running 2 now with my clones. They just got pulled off a finished grow.
All I can say is take it back for exchange.

Ok so switching to 12/12 per peachfuzz rec. I set the timer to turn off at 1:30am and it didn’t work. My usual off time is 9:30am-1:30pm so trying to decide when I can make this switch where it would make the most sense. I think I’m going to turn it off for now but not sure if I should do a 9:30am-9:30pm time frame. I have kids so I usually try to go to bed around 10:30pm (even though it is a rare occasion that is my intention) so I can get them up at 6:30am. Guess i would have time in the morning during the week to get in there before 9:30am. Since I should feed them every 3 days i guess it won’t be a big deal. Ha. Just trying to figure out transition! Ha

2 Likes

Yeah I run mine 10 am off and 10 pm on. That gives me time to mess with them in the mornings before light goes out. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

ok. i turned off at 9:30am so I should leave it off until 9:30? I haven’t given them anything since all that water. Should I give them some nutrients tonight do you think? I guess it has been 3 days or so? What do you use to water/give nutrients? Pouring slowly can be tough with what I have, this pitcher… I could pour it into cups and pour it slower with a smaller cup I guess?

2 Likes

Are you checking to see how heavy the pot is before and after watering?

Light when dry and heavy when wet? Sorry if you already know to do this.

I would pour about a 1/4 - 1/2 gal of water at a time, (depending on your pot size) let it sit for about 15 min. And then pour another half gal. Let it sit. If still no runoff, try another 1/4-1/2 gal.
Once you get about 20% runoff, I would be done. Hope that helps some. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

ok. i think my concern is they haven’t had any new nutrients yet with the appropriate dose. so if they seem heavy enough I should just leave it even if they haven’t had more nutrients since I was trying to flush them? also if the 12/12 pushes them to harvest, are they ready to be pushed into harvest? man i am so clueless with this it’s terrible…

Again, the watering schedule should be based on how dry they are. If they need it, then I would feed but you really need to know the weight if the pot and medium and how dry she is before you water.

Do you know how long it’s been since you first saw a bud site?

I’m kinda like @Covertgrower said, I think you still have a couple of weeks. You might just continue to feed till about two weeks before harvest which is around 8ish weeks from the time you see the first bud sites. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like