White widow outside help

Hi all! I’m so new at growing and I don’t want to mess this up! I have all 10 seeds i planted that have popped up over the last few days. Some are close together as the dirt got a little scattered. I really would like to grow outside and I read white widow does well in the Temps here in NC. It’s mostly in mid 60’s and 70’s for a bit longer. Right now I just have them outside during the day when it’s sunny and then been bringing them in. I know I won’t be able to do this in and out thing as they get bigger and I feel like I need to separate them more since a few are pretty close together in the dirt right now. I was really trying to keep them outside since I can plead ignorance easier if ya know what I mean. I was in MA and had it for medical but I just bought that stuff. Ha! I have MS and this strain would be so great to have available to me.
If they can’t make it outside since I know it is cooler right now compared to the super hot summer. I have a basement but was trying to avoid having them inside but I really don’t want them to die outside. Should I go buy some special dirt to plant them in if I plant outside? I have so many questions. Any guidance is so much appreciated!

At best you have a few more weeks outside. You will have to make arrangements once it freezes. Once the plant freezes, it dies…

1 Like

You are not going to make it out side. They just came up last few days. Should have started earlier in May first week of June at the latest for photos. To bring them in side you will need some very specialized lights.
Sorry not any options. You need at least 5 months to grow photos out side.
Start seedlings May, June, grow as fast as you can, they start flower mid August.
Stretch from mid September ish fatten up and mature from there to mid October.
Planned harvest normally mid Oct ish depending on weather and climate.

I’m not familiar with op’s climate, but I was definitely thinking outdoor season is about over for most of US

1 Like

We were down to 41F last night in East Texas. I don’t believe anyone else is fairing better…

5 Likes

Yep low 40’s here in East Texas.

1 Like

I have the autoflower. Doesn’t that make a difference? I saw faster harvest and how specialized of lights? I wanted to do this now but I have 10 more I was going to do at a more optimal time. Telling me it isn’t going to work won’t help here. already started but I can continue in my basement. I have the funds but I need to know what I need.

Our lows are high 40s and 50’s right now

I do not do in door grows because of the cash out lie. Will try to tag someone who has the experience or knows someone who does. There are many indoor growers here if you search indoor grows I believe you can find enough info to get you started in that direction. @dbrn32

Autos state something like 10 weeks but that’s not supposed start to finish it’s more like 10 weeks of flower time. At least that is my general understanding. I don’t grow autos.

I sprouted autos in VA outside 7/16 and moved them inside because of a week of rain. They are almost ready to chop. And they’re under really good lights. I’m afraid you’re not getting yours to maturity in NC this late.

1 Like

Ok i bought this grow light
Grow Light, EZORKAS Full Spectrum Indoor Plant Grow Lights with LCD Display Timer, Adjustable Gooseneck, 0-24 Hours Timer, 4 Switch Modes, 10%-100% Brightness Setting https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PTXCJY7/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_5X1DE3GEFWAKCJGNJ8EQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

HLG lights have been recommended here by many for that many plants you will need several thousand watts of power. The best way to rate them is Moles per Meter squared if they list that info.
You will need a well prepared grow room or several grow tents equipped with exhaust ventilation. Humidity control, temp control, I am sure there is more depending how elaborate you choose to go. If you search lights in the search bar it lists something like 50+ posts.
There is a awful lot of info to digest, it is kind of like drinking from a fire hose.

Thank you. I will look. Life is so busy! Autos are more my thing because I’m new to it but also because I’m not looking for a huge harvest so smaller plants are fine. More potent the better so hoping these lights I bought will do well. This smoke is just for me and maybe a friend once in a while.

I am sorry those lights will not do at all. Plan on spending a couple of grand to get that many plants under light. I believe the average is something like 1000 to 2000 Watts for 4 or 5 plants.

1 Like

That’s why I’m going to do inside with lights. With autos, I don’t think this will be a complete fail?

My suggestion is to start with 2 or 3 plants, a 4 x 4 grow tent kit, look at hlg lights.Work on getting them to grow decent, then work your way up. There are alot of issues that can happen, and it’s a little easier to tackle these issues when you have a couple that your working with. You will have questions, and there will be lots of great answers for many good people here. Good luck and happy growing.

1 Like

:laughing: I appreciate it! I will drink from a firehose. Lolol. Thanks for the info. I think I got a good light. Do I need special dirt? Firehose away!

This one?

1 Like

Somebody else recently was trying to veg 1 with this light. Doubt I’ll ever find that thread.

1 Like