White Widow mystery seeds HUGE LEAVES

Day 21 auto flower looks like they are doing great but never seen a plant with such big leaves. Thses were my freebies so I’m kinda excited about what they’ll become . They’re just sooo much larger than the others I’ve seen. Anyone else seen then big like these?

This is my first indoor grow (newbie) my other girls are on day 60 Zekitllz autos also. Everything Is in 50% coco/perlite and 50% compost/castings. Spiderfarm Sf2000 led, and a Marshydro TS1000 both QB, 18/6, feeding fox farms trio. Temperature stays consistently in the 60’s and RH in the 50’s. 4 fans moving conditioned air through the grow room.

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Those are some fat leaves! Not too rare, just means your plants are healthy and well, have big leaves!

Good luck

3 Likes

Welcome to the community nice healthy plants, the last two gold leaf plants I grew had big fat wide leaves. After they got a little more size I ended up tucking some of those Leafs to get better light penetration.

1 Like

I’ll do some LST and pull them over and open them up like the others to help that out.

I don’t believe my others are autos… So I’ll have to split them up and flip them tonight. As short as they are I thought they were too but they should have been flowering by day 60… I guess you never know what your getting with the freebie seeds… Lol

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan you should get a nice yield out of that many healthy plants. Good luck

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll definitely update… I feel like a little kid every morning I go in there. Excited about indoor success for sure. :+1::+1::grin::grin:

1 Like

I know what you’re saying @Oldtimer69 by far the most enjoyable hobby I’ve ever had. Nothing like a good challenge .A screw up here and there will definitely make you pay attention. Happy growing.

1 Like

Well… I received a email back from Both seed companies and both strains are photos​:flushed::flushed: I definitely don’t have the space for 7 BIG plants. The 4 Zkitellz look like they are going to be small like autos and they may be fine they’re in a 5.5 x 5.5 with about the same height. With the way I have them all opened up do I keep using sticks and keep tying them, or try to put a net over them?

My 3 White Widows are in a 3x4 with a 5’ height. That’s small if they get tall. With My QB’s I can’t get them too close lights are too intense any closer then 28" the leaves start curling and shows tip burn. Just flipped the big ones 2 days age, and I guess done let the little ones get too big before I flip? Always a good challenge when learning something new​:grin::sunglasses:

20191109_082133|666x500

4 Likes

The old thought they were autos problem.

If the WWs are too tall you could supercrop them to a manageable height.

1 Like

I thought they were auto’s too. But this is day 62 and they are still growing showing no signs of flower… Could they be photos that are short like autos?

I should go ahead and top my WWs?

1 Like

If you are sure they are photos, I would not top, I would supercrop.

3 Likes

Ok, I’ll definitely work on that. My main stalks on all 7 are huge a couple are as big as my finger, I have a hard time training them over without pulling the whole stalk are the soil level. These are 23 days old you can see by the picture how stout they are

3 Likes

Your plants look great you’re doing a good job spreading them out for light penetration and air flow keep up the good work. As @AAA mentioned super crop technique, will help you with your 5-foot height situation .

3 Likes

Thanks, learning curve for sure growing inside. Alot more too it then old School grows in your flower bed!! But I think that’s the part that draws me in like an addiction… Lol

Ive been pulling a handful of leaves a day just letting light in, can I keep doing that or do they need those leaves? Seems like all the nodes grow alot everyday when I keep them uncovered…

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. @Oldtimer69.
They’ll need the leaves to collect light.
Tucking as many as you can will help some but if it’s necessary then a few at a time is best. :+1::v:
After a few weeks in flower is usually my last real trimming till just before harvest.

3 Likes

@Oldguy that’s always been my favorite approach. Tuck all I can ,take a few . Basically a balancing act.

3 Likes

Unless they’re damaged or dying.:grin:
Then they’ll go as they show. :joy::v:

3 Likes