White Widow Issues

Not sure where this fits into the convo, but I’ve always thought these catch all drain to waste schedules are difficult to use. If we’re talking a coco grow, water daily feed almost daily. If we’re talking soil, water as needed and feed how much how often?

The asterisk at bottom says fresh water only every 1-3 feedings. Well that could be a big range depending on whether it’s soil or coco based. And are those levels recommended for daily feeding in a coco grow, or are we talking 1-2 times a week in a soil grow? Because there’s going to usually be a pretty big difference between the two. Or, is it an average between the two that isn’t necessarily the best for either?

It’s just a problem I’ve noticed with having a catch all program or schedule.

lol I feed feed water at recommended ppm if I see any burn I switch to water water feed if that shows better result but slowed growth I adjust ppm slightly lower and repeat feed feed water etc… I play the back and forth routine until I see result I like from ppm make notes and slowly adjust biggest thing is accurate readings

1 Like

@dbrn32 @Donaldj @Countryboyjvd1971 @Myfriendis410
On an off note. I just feed my two autos in soil that are about two weeks from harvest. Will start my flush on the 8th.
pH was low coming out 5.6 and 5.2. Last feeding they were in the 6.5 range.

Question. Do I let it be and start my flush on th 8th. Or do I add some adjusted water right a way. If so, how much adjusted water? I guess my real question is when you find your pH is low coming out when do you correct it?

1 Like

Fist, never ph outside your normal range. How are you measuring the soil ph?

@Myfriendis410
Runoff

1 Like

If you were planning to flush in 3 days why not flush now? flush with ph corrected water 3-4 times volume of container then feed as normal on last volume

2 Likes

@HJL this is what I’d do too.

1 Like

@Donaldj @Myfriendis410

With the readings I stated above what should I ph my flush water to?

1 Like

Promix? 6.5? That’s probably what I’d do.

@Donaldj @Countryboyjvd1971 @Myfriendis410 @dbrn32 @Tr33

Okay this lady is frustrating me. After the flush and everyone’s advice my WW took off on a growth spurt. I thought everything was fine but now I noticed the new growth is a bit deformed and holes in the leaves. Also she has been put on 12/12 since december 29 and I see no sign of flower. Any thoughts. Thanks.

Knee jerk reaction to both of those issues is bugs and a potential light leak.

Have you inspected for either?

2 Likes

Bugs or a previous issue that has healed.

If you don’t find any light leaks and you know your timer is working, try reducing the light schedule to 10/14 until you see pistils.

1 Like

I’ve looked for bugs but have not seen any. Plus I have 4 other girls flowering in the same tent with no symptoms. So I guess light leak. How much light leak is too much? I sometimes forget to close my tent’s bottom flap but it hasn’t seem to bother the other girls. If you grow outside isn’t there always some light (moon, street lights, lights from the neighbors) Just curious.

2 Likes

@HJL any light during dark hours is too much. If you have appliances running in your tent then paint the on lights black, or cover woth tape

2 Likes

Technically I believe outdoor growers have problems with outside lighting regularly. I think @SmoknGranny is one of them. I’m not sure what the story with moonlight is, not enough intensity in any wavelengths that a plant will respond to I guess.

People have had issues with things like illuminated buttons or leds on power strips or appliances, so I wouldn’t think it would take too much to cause an issue. Perhaps the one plants positioning to a potential leak is the cause?

1 Like

@VelcroThumb @dbrn32

None of my appliances or power bar have lights on them. I guess its from leaving the tent vent flap open. This girl still have a chance at flowering? I’ve nursed her through so much.

@HJL did you leave a light on in the room your tents are in? Im sure they will flower, but yield and potency could be affected. It could hermi and produce lots of seeds, or you may get lucky and nothing bad happens!

Yes I have on occasion forgot to turn lights off. If she does turn hermi and produce seeds are they usable or will they grow into hermi’s as well.

I have read about a similar issue with the funky leafs and stuff from a plant that was going to flower but was bounced back to veg…so the light leak is likely the issue. Your girl wants to flower for you, but she is getting interrupted and it is pissing her off.
The light leak issue is what keeps me in auto plant growing.

It’s said that seeds from herm are more likely to produce seeds from herm. I wouldn’t expect that to be too big of an issue yet, you’re not flowering yet.

You don’t run the lights on a timer? Just curious as to how you’ve forgotten how to turn lights off?