White Widow Indoor Grow ! 🌱

Today my wife and I are going to be dropping 2 White Widow feminized seeds! Please follow along for the journey :call_me_hand:
This will be our 2nd grow indoors, our 1st harvest turned out fantastic and we are really enjoying the fruits of our labour. Only difference this go round will be that the 1st grow we tried Auto Flower seeds, this time we will be planting regular feminized seeds.

Cheers!

13 Likes

My first grow was white widow and gold leaf (feminized photos).
White Widow continues to be amongst my favorites and very productive.

What sort of setup do you have?

9 Likes

There is a reason this cultivar is so popular. It’s one of my favorites too. Gonna have to do another one.

9 Likes

Good luck…I prefer fem seeds but I have a truckload of Auto seeds. First one was a complete bust for my Auto seed. But I learned what to do after joining this forum.

3 Likes

Kool. I just put a ww fem in yesterday.
With a few others too. :wink:
Good luck on ur grow. :+1::v:

3 Likes

suggest starting more seeds than desired harvest.

reason:
things happen while you are making other plans. (who said that?)
some plants never grow into big healthy plants. best to keep the fastest healthiest growing.

White Widow is the iconic easy to grow, good producing, very nice buzz weed strain known the world over…for good reasons.

5 Likes

Sweet, good luck with these ladies!

3 Likes

What’s the pros/cons fem photo vs fem auto? Only have ever done photos.

2 Likes

I have not grown autos…I would defer this to folks that grow autos.

As an indoor grower I have absolute control over the environment and autos tend to take one aspect of that control away - specifically how long they veg and how large they get.

@Missiles @holmes @elheffe702 @Covertgrower ???

6 Likes

Kinda what I understood of them. So that’s why I’m missing their pros?lol are they faster?

2 Likes

One of the benefits that I aware of is that you can have multiple grows outside because you are not dependent upon the days being long for veg and short for flower.

I am not sure what the benefit would be indoors but there obviously is some huge benefit as many, many folks grow autos indoors.

3 Likes

@DankGunslinger a lot of grow autos in between veg and flower harvests. I’ve grown one auto, and it was okay, but not may favorite. That doesn’t mean you won’t love them.
merlin44 Brings up basically my complaint. You have no control of the size, and not much control over the shape. The lifespan is too short to scrog, but long enough to top if you wanted.
All this being said, I will grow the few more auto beans I have, so they they don’t go to waste. The potency still seems to be there, but remember because it’s a hybrid with ruderalis, I think some of the genetics suffer a little. This is just my opinion, and your grow may vary.

6 Likes

Originally before taking on this quest my UK buddy told me why he uses photos for the reasons you said.

5 Likes

@Guy I’m actually growing 30 fem white widows. I love growing this strain so far. I’m set to watch this adventure!

9 Likes

I’ve never grown an auto, either. But the good part about autos is that you could run them in whatever lighting schedule without worry of light leaks or anything like that. So if you have a veg space that runs 18/6, you could put autos in there for a harvest in between your photos.

5 Likes

Cool cool yeah I know alot do them I’ll try it at some point.

2 Likes

Very cool! @merlin44 We are very excited.
We have a 32x32x63 tent, 300W LED, exhaust fan with carbon filter, clip on fan, 2 (5gal fabric pots), using coco as a medium. Local grow store nutes.

2 Likes

Love the good feedback on this strain ! @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

Thanks! @MrPeat

Thanks! @Oldguy

1 Like