White widow feminised and auto grow journal first time grower (quantum board)

Hey quick update have been low stress training the feminised and i have a problem with it now i last watered about 3-4 days ago with just ph water of 6.5 i also topped it and snipped one leaf at the top as it was really folded and blocking the nodes that are starting all the leafs look lime green half way going out and the inner are more darker and there are 2 or 3 leaves that have spotting im no expert but im thinking maybe npk deficiency? I looked at some charts and upon reading the spots could be phosphorus the lime on other leaves is nitrogen and it looks like potassium also has that lime on edge and dark on inner correct me if im wrong. Everything was fine yesturday the only thing ive done since then is increase light intensity abit and low stress also increasing the intensity has made the temp go up 30-32 degrees celsius when lights on and 25 celsius off
@GreenCoat @dbrn32 @Amjk @WickedAle

Overall pic

Feminised up close

Or could it be calcium? If so how do i go about this i dont have calmag or anything of that sort

looks like you’ve spilt something on her…?

Do you have access to Aloe Vera plant, worm tea and seaweed extract ?

Where might i have split her and yes i have an aloe vera plant

SPILT :slight_smile: not SPLIT

make up a spray bottle with aloe vera and water and keep humidity up by spraying her 2-3 times a day.

I mix a very weak mix of seaweed, worm tea & aloe vera as a humidity spray for my seedlings

Oh sorry misread i didnt spill anything though but il do the aloe vera in a bottle now and thanks for the help since they do need a water to i might give them a light dose of npk its been 2 weeks or so since the last feed

1 Like

These are my current Autos at 14days using the method above

1 Like

Ok but don’t spray synthetic nutes on the leaves. Only organic on leaves is ok. And the the leaves don’t burn using LED lighting when spraying :sunglasses::facepunch:t2:

Very nice i just cut the gelly stuff out of the aloe vera put ut in a spray bottle with phd water and shook it heaps is this good? And yeah i always pour my synthetic nutes around it not near the stem either

1 Like

@GreenCoat i also just watered them with the rest of that bottle not letting chunks fall out is it okay to water with aloe vera to?

1 Like

https://cannabisvisitorsbureau.com/2016/11/18/the-benefits-of-aloe-vera-in-the-organic-garden/

1 Like

Not to interject an alternate view but, I just think that spraying the leaves with anything even just water is bad practice. Just leads to other problems. Figure out the problem instead of putting on a “band aid” and if there is no problem you are treating why bother. The plants have their natural system to perspire to create humidity on there own. You cover or block the pores and the plant can’t function properly. Plants weren’t meant to absorb nutrients or other substances through the leaves, that’s what the roots are for.

3 Likes

32C is a little warm. I’m surprised at this based on your fan configuration, can you look at lowering temp of your intake air?

That could be something spilled on plants. But I’d be double checking ppm too. I’m also curious if you wouldn’t maybe have the amount of coco and perlite high enough that you should be running ph a little lower. I’m not sure, just a thought.

It is warm and yeah i am to i can lower my air intake temp abit but not much amd well i know i didnt spill anything on them but i have not checked ppm the last week or so i didnt think id need to since it was just ph’d water and ive been changing my ph levels every 2-3 water feeds at the moment the past 3 weeks or so at the start i gave it abit to much npk which caused a little burn but i diluted it by a light flushing then after that my 2 waters were at 6.2ph the next 2 water after that were 6.5 and and 6.8 i watered them today at 6.4 i believe but this was after i seen signs and spotting and you are right i probably have now about 60-70% soil and the other 30% being coco and perlite the reason i think its a defficieny is because i know i havent burnt them or spilt anything on them and thats the only reason but ive never successfully diagnosed a plant if it even is anything

Am i checking runoff ppm or ppm before i water also os there a ppm chart somewhere eg seedlings 100ppm veg 300 etc?

@dbrn^ also i plan on getting another quantum board but i found what looks like the suppliers website for quantum boards remove if its not allowed but from what im reading they use the exact same pieces and its cheaper 320w-full-spectrum-lm301b-3000k-red i plan to get one of these in 4000k for a 2x4ft what is your opinion i paid 260usd shipped for a 135w kit from quickbloomlights and this price is $326usd shipped so for an extra $100 i get an extra 200 and 50 or so watts

I’m baffled. Are you still using 3000K instead of 4000+K in grow? If so that’s where allot of your problems are coming from. Just as bad as using 4000K instead of 3000K in flowering. It’s imperative to use them properly in whichever cycle the plants are in. Then you can diagnose any other problems like intensity, heat, water, and nutrients.

I spray mine 3 -4 times a day with great results. Maybe spraying the plants is not suited to every grow environment but it works really well for me with no issues. And in fact my seedlings/plants thrive on it all through seedling/veg stage and I never had one deficiency. The proof is in the pudding…

Each to their own growing environment :sunglasses: :facepunch:t2:

Have a read, just one study of many.

https://cannabisvisitorsbureau.com/2016/11/18/the-benefits-of-aloe-vera-in-the-organic-garden/

I should of added … I wasn’t saying it would fix his short term problem but more of a long term practice to keep in mind.

i dont have a choice i can whip 400$ out my pocket every week @Shatter i know its the wrong spectrum but thats not going to stop it from growing and the board i posted is available in 4000k just doesnt say it is because i spoke with mandy xiao a rep from the company and although it says they only have them for 3000k im getting it in 4000k im aware that 3000k is preferred for flowering but ive grown unknown seeds plenty of times with 3000k