White Widow Autoflower - ILGM

When she starts getting chubby, look out!

Gotta chop. Air pump failed at some point this week. Week 11 and trichs cloudy. Hairs are amber. That week in the hospital F’d up my plan. Add hardware failure twice…

Dropping two beans today. Gonna try out a Quantum Horticulture T5 Bad Boy light fixture on this grow (2x4x6).

@raustin - may I ask how I should dry and cure properly? I am not interested in speed, more quality… I have followed some of your comments on other threads and took notes.

Of course, I’d be happy to.

A nice slow dry is best, but with the humid weather lately you want to be careful of mold. With that said, the best way to slow down the drying process is to cut down the entire plant at the main stalk and hang it upside down at 50% R/H and let her dry. All the extra leaves and stems will slow down the drying, that’s a good thing. If you don’t have the space for that, or your R/H is too high, it’s best to cut long branches and dry it that way. That’s a nice compromise. Allow it to dry till the stems snap, but don’t break. You don’t want the stems to bend, that means it’s not dry enough.

Once you have the stems snapping, usually within 7-10 days, you can further the drying process by cutting the buds off into smaller peices, taking off all the fan leaves and putting them into a brown paper bag for another week. This allows them to dry without over drying.

Then it’s time for trimming. Dry trimming is necessary if you’re going for the slow drying process. Some people think it’s harder to dry trim, but personally, I think it’s easier. Trim all your buds of leaves and stems and put them into jars for curing. Fill your jars loosely packed about 3/4 full.

Curing properly is very important to get that great smell and taste, but don’t be disappointed if you notice the smell changing, this is normal. For the first two weeks you need to burp the jars of gases. Open the jar for about twenty minutes to make sure all the buds are getting fresh oxygen, shake the buds around a bit in the jar, then reseal. After two weeks, burp the jars once every few days, then once a week for a month.

They should be pretty good at this point, but the curing process will continue as you store your buds, so once a month burp the jars. Oh, and don’t forget to throw in a 62% Boveda pack to keep humidity optimum.

@raustin - thanks a million! The paper bag trick is :+1:t2:!!

Wish me luck. I guessed 28 grams dry when I first started.

Good luck!

That is a 4 foot desk…

Trim … some small tops. Prob. Dry to a one hit…

My hands are sticky as hell. My hair is down the middle of my back and it was getting everywhere in the plant trying to chop. Got friggin resin in my hair now :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I also have really long hair and after i’m done cutting down plants I find whole twigs in it. Lol