White Widow Autoflower First Grow

UPDATE: I just put a humidifier in the grow room to raise the humidity. While doing this I seen that #3 which i buried deepest is germinating. I removed a little dirt above it because i was worried it was too deep, upon doing that i seen a 1/4" tap root, i covered it back up very lightly, put the homemade dome back over it, and hopefully tomorrow i see my first stem!

also, hope the surgery goes well. mine wasnt nothing major, just had 4 wisdom teeth cut out,and he accidentally pierced my sinus cavity so back today for another check up. Been up all night, but seeing one of my seeds starting to germinate makes it better! Also watching ā€œtwo little moster autosā€!

4 Likes

Out of likes or ide like those posts lol.
Thanks for your kind words.

If you didnā€™t soak your seeds until they cracked then donā€™t sweat if it takes a week to pop a seed to be honest, you need to keep it very humid not soaking wet but moist. This mosture unlocks the seeds.
Be patient and nature will take its course.
Remeber Phā€™d water onlyā€¦ And it should have no chlorine in it so if itā€™s tap water let it sit for 24hr prior to PH ing and usage.

2 Likes

First off welcome. oh how I love white widow, it will be in every grow I do. It is an easy plant to grow and great for starting out. My first 2 tries I did like you and went straight to soil after the soak. With no luck. I have had great results with jiffy pucks though. I hope the best for you. I use FF nutes too but am using the whole dirty dozen. All my buddies just use the trio and so will I when I am done with all these other nutes. Just remember that schedule is for all the nutes. U may have to bump one part or another of the trio to get enough food to the plant depending where she is at growth. It will be hard to get the proper ppms in if not. There are alot of good growers here so ask away. But mostly have fun.

2 Likes

@Axemanjake23 makes a good point, I forgot to mention I start everything in a jiffy puck after a 48hr soak. Once an auto pops the jiffy puck and its little propagator they come with will force you to transplant in like 2 days because an auto will hit the roof of the dome the jiffy pucks come in.

It keeps your humidity at 90-100% so itā€™s ideal.

(@Axemanjake23 sorry Iā€™m all out of likes)

1 Like

Thank you for the input, im going to put pictures up in a second. All 3 successfully sprouted today finally. I will let you know when I start using nutes. I dont think im going to for awhile because i didnt flush my ffof so its going to have everything my plant needs for now! Thanks for your feedback

1 Like

Well I actually bought jiffy pucks yesterday with plans of using them today if these wasnā€™t looking like they were going to sprout, but I woke up early to water them slightly, and they were all popping out. #1 still hasnā€™t gotten rid of her shell, #2 is looking the best, and #3 is slowly but surely showing herself ! Super excited, and couldnā€™t be more happy. I didnā€™t think they were all going to germinate, and i was getting a little worried my humidity was low so i put a Vickā€™s vaporizer in there yesterday, and had the humidity at a nice 85 % and they loved it ! Within hours i was seeing results! Iā€™ll keep you guys updated, and Iā€™m making a paper journal as well, so Iā€™ll post it as I go along with everything I did on this grow with good details !

1 Like

lime and Perlite?..No Wally World,Lowes,ACE any closer than 2 hours from you?..:>)

1 Like

3 Likes

Man, I am glad for you. That is great they all popped. Good job. Now it gets a little harder but still fun

2 Likes

Saweet!! Excited to see how fast they grow

1 Like

Glad to hear, patients is a big thing with growing lol.
Keep the humidity up and give them time once they stand up a bit (another day or 3) if they still have the shell on then clean some tweezers and take the shell off very carefully. Remeber your plants are very delicate for the next 2 or 3 weeks.
The other seeds should pop just give them a couple more days.

Hold onto the jiffy pucks you will need them next grow.

In the future always take pictures without the burple lights on, turn lights off and use flash or turn on room lights. Burple lights are very hard for us to see anything like plant specific issues or details.

Does it feel like the scene in the lion king yet where Simba is held up for the world to see? Lol

1 Like

haha i will definitely will next time with the pictures. i have my 600w led which is really probably only 200-150 about 12" from the sprout, is that too far, or too close? & yes! i woke up so early and was so happy lol

2 Likes

haha i cant wait man. im stoked

3 Likes

I would go with whatever the manufacturer suggests for hanging height of ur light.

1 Like

The 600W WAKYME is 110w
Manufacturing recomonds 2ft (24 inches) for seedlingsā€¦

That being said only have your veg switch on you want the blue light, and here is the coverage map
51nA0QL9sqL.AC_SY400_ML1

This shows that at the center the strongest reading at 24 inches is 436 PPFDā€¦
Thatā€™s fine for seedlings.

But for vegā€¦ Now if that was even that would be fine but as soon as you move away from the center your plants are going to get less Light.
Whatā€™s the dementions on your grow space? I know you said you ordered a 2x4x6 tent but Iā€™m wondering about the space currently because your going to want to look at that coverage map and then basically lower your light as much as possible so it just barely covers your space (of the top of the plants are the floor)

Another great tool is a LUX meter app on your phone, if you download one.
This measurement is for your light in veg switch only, you want 4500 lux on your plants for the veg stage. 4500 lux in blue monochromatic 450nm is about 500 PPFD (ideal veg lighting)

1 Like

You can see the little Honeywell TurboForce Power Fan I got at Walmart for $15, and it works amazing. I havenā€™t turned it on at all really. I opened the domes and let some fresh air in, and exhausted some out. I will take pictures of everything that I have purchased on this grow as well! Also that vicks vaporizer is amazing, at first it wouldnā€™t work until i realizes i had to add salt to it to make it boil. I can raise humidity from 40 to 70 in 5 minutes so i gotta get a humidifier that is adjustable :rofl:

1 Like

Ok so i downloaded the lux app, im currently growing in a 2 1/2 foot wide by 2 1/2 deep, by 4 foot tall closet, but i can adjust my height all the way up to like 10 feetā€¦ its an old closet with a shelf that covers the whole space above to put stuff on, so it is like 4 foot from the floor, and it is made out of wood so i can just take the screws out and move it up, so i just put some of that Reflectix right over top of it so it didnā€™t lose any light. I attached the remake, let me know what you think. The lux app said I have 509 on the plant? Iā€™m confused lol. Is that supposed to be 4500? or 450? or 500? haha. I get my tent tomorrow, I have everything to do the duct work, got my adjustable iPower exhaust, new small fan, i need to get one more for the ground, but all in all its coming along pretty damn good if i say so myself. Thanks for all the help and input so far. Have my journal updated, ill post it along the way. Pics in a few

2 Likes

Jan 23rd- day 4

All the plants seem to be doing great. Iā€™m a little worried about number 2, the leaves looked like they were drooping, I thought maybe not enough water. I was at 24" on my light, but i dropped it down toward 18", and they seem to be loving it. Lots of growth in the past day, plants are about 1- 1/2" tall RH high was 92 but only for like 8 minutes, and i hurried up and lowered it. keeping it between 45-75 all day, and temp 77 as of now, highest was 82. My new tent comes today thanks to a great friend getting it shipped to me quick, since walmart messed my last one up. Iā€™ll post pics of the full set up today and how i routed everything in my house. Nicky any suggestions on #2 drooping let me know bro, thanks! Old timer idk if you are still following but your input is great too!! (YOU HAVE TO CLICK THE LINK TO SEE #1 IDK WHY)
IMG_3311|281x500

2 Likes

You can try to reload that image didnā€™t load right I think.

Yes 4500, but thatā€™s ideal, so get the best you can and you do this by lowering the light. 24" is far away for such a weak light.

Sorry Iā€™m in my 7 days off so I wonā€™t be around a the time but use @ then a name to tag people like @Oldtimer69 @Bulldognuts @Axemanjake23
These guys are getting pretty good and should be able to guide you through things.

Here is what Iā€™m thinking.
Get a inkbird humidity & temperature controller, this hooks into your fan and your humidifier to turn things on and off depending on how you set it to control your environment

Again refer to VPD and line it up best as possible, click this download it and print it. Tape it to your grow room area.

Humidity wants to be high in veg, lower in flowering

humidity-chart

At this state they change alot just make sure you donā€™t over water! Very common mistake so early on.
Just a little let it dry out a bit and water in a circle so the roots stretch to the water this grows bigger roots and thus stronger plants.

2 Likes