White Widow Auto grow is too fast?

Hi, currently growing white widow auto, according to the calendar I have 2 weeks till they should be ready to chop. The dilemma I have is that plants are looking like they have 2 DAYS left. I’m seeing about 8-10% amber, the plants leaves are yellowing and dropping off, all the color looks correct for another few days to chop them , but the calendar says no way, what do I do?

1 Like

You have to judge each plants readiness differently. The trichs are the most sure method. Then pistils then prob dome other stuff and then, way at the bottom, is judging off a calendar. Have you a way to get us a trich pic?

I have these pics of the trichones

@monkman @merlin44 @Familyman @PurpNGold74 @elheffe702 @doobienoobie let’s give him a hand. I think you need a little bit more time but I’ve never grown autos so it’s a guess. Get in there and pull some of those yellow leaves out. That helps airflow and more of your light gets to the lower stuff…you’re close either way lol

1 Like

But 2 weeks close lol? I did take a bud and dry it, pretty good smoke lol. I’ll give them another 3 and see how they look then. Thanks to those who responded, can always count on help here.

3 Likes

I’d give them another week at least and see if those few white pistils multiply or recede, then decide. I can’t see the trichome heads very well, but looks like a lotta shiny. Very soon.

1 Like

Following a calendar is probably one of the worst things you can do. Flowering times are estimates, and there’s a lot of variables that could shorten or lengthen a standard grow. Harvest based on condition of plants, in which case the others are giving you solid feedback.

9 Likes

your plants look great @sparker. i agree with grem that if you can get some of the worst yellow leaves out it will help the plant overall. i was taught to take the dying leaves off because it takes away from the plant making more buds and keeping the other leaves healthy. the plant puts a lot of effort into trying to keep the dying stuff alive that it could better use making bigger buds. the last two or three weeks of bud production is when the buds really swell up and you can double your harvest weight almost during that time… looking at the big pics of your plants i think that those buds showing will increase in size substantially.

hopefully you are getting a good reference from your trichomes. the pics you posted won’t allow us a view of the trichs big enough to really see amber, cloudy, or clear.

3 Likes

I thinned out all the dead and dying leaves last night, flushed and drilled the stems this morning. Sorry about the pics, there are cloudy and amber trich’s , keeping a sharp eye on them, thanks for the responses!!!

2 Likes

if this is your first harvest there is a good chance that you will do what probably 90% of other people do on their first harvest, chop too early. i did but i had to move mine out because i had other plants that had to go into the flower tent and needed the room. i am trying to have a perpetual grow and being a first timer, i started my vegging plants too early. i have 12 week flowering blue dream in my flowering tent now and i will not start my vegging tent back up for another month and a half because of what happened on first grow. my youngest bd is 5 weeks flower right now.

1 Like

I’d say about another week or so. Make sure to check the trichromes in the buds. It’s a great looking plant. Even if you did cut now it would still be stellar stuff.

1 Like

I agree. I think the buds could fatten up more. Give them some more time.