White widow auto flower odd?

I bought White Widow Auto Flower on this site. I’ve never had auto flowers… is this normal looking? Those cone shapes? Appx 3 months old. Thanks.

1 Like

All looks fine, all girl parts :smile:

1 Like

@Dennis62 Thank you!

1 Like

I believe it is beginning to foxtail.

Those calyx (bumps) will continue to build one on top of the other, with each new growth putting out some white pistils and clear trichomes. They will continue to do this for months if you let them, and never appear to finish if you look at the trichomes on the top of the buds.

Sometimes plants foxtail naturally as the genetics of the plant, other times they foxtail because of some stresses. I think feminized seeds tend to foxtail more then regular seeds.

Foxtails tend to cause looser buds because new growth is building “towers” of calyx rather then fat buds. When it happens to me I tend to look at suggested flower time for the plant, add a couple extra weeks to make sure it is done, then in the trimming I tend to trim off the loose towers since the trichomes on the tops aren’t mature.

1 Like

@CMichGrower Thank you… I’d never seen that! I’ll try to find pictures of harvesting time as it sure isn’t anything I’m familiar with.