White Widow Auto first grow

What is foxtail?

Thanks,

Matt

I think you are right on the foxtail issue. After reading up on the subject it may be light stress. As I got to the flowering stage, I upgraded from a TS1000 to a MarsHydro FC-E3000 and gradually ramped to 100% on the dimmer which has produced well… I just raised the light a few inches and lowered the dimmer to around 75-80% so as to minimize further foxtailing. Sound right?

Thanks for your input,

Matt

1 Like

We must have started about the same time. starting 10th week of flowering today and lots of white pistols.

2 Likes

Sounds good to me. Probably exactly what I do

Do you think doing this adjustment about 2 - 3 weeks earlier would have prevented? Also would you trim off the longer foxtails and wait on tricomes or harvest sooner…or just be patient…lol?

1 Like

Adjusting the light sooner most certainly could have help or prevented it. And it’s up to you if you wanted to cut them off some people do some don’t. I’ve never had any that I thought was bad and I just sorta overed looked them and left them :man_shrugging:.
I’d definitely wait fir trichomes to be where i wanted.

Here’s a few of my wwa at about week 7!

2 Likes

Just found this very interesting. Downloaded PPFD meter app on my phone and found I was well above DLI levels for late flower…he explains this very well.

Start using DLI?

Is like the digital scale app for your phone? :thinking:

Yes, either the PPFD Meter or another one called Photone from the Google play store if on Android. Be sure to select a light source that matches your light type/specs.

Harvest update… Got 15.2 Oz. Bud total. 13.4 premium and 1.8 Oz popcorn (which is pretty dang good :star_struck:) I did lose almost 2 Oz to a moldy spot in the center of the main Cola. I FIMmed my second WWA this weekend so should not have the one massive center Cola mold issue this time…

1 Like