White widow auto day 70! Need advice

@Hogmaster @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 after a week of correcting my ph and also flipped to 12/12 she has spread out and started stretching. I am now worried about air circulation issues and wanted some advice on defoliation ie where to start or if I should? Cheers again :slight_smile:

If circulation is the worry i would start lower and take a few here and there. Dont strip her all at once and dont forget she needs those fan leaves for photosynthesis. Dont go scissor crazy but 3 or 4 on this side and 3 or 4 here might help. KISS Keep It Simple Stupid. And less is more.

Also wait for bit more in-depth answer. From more in depth growers.

2 Likes

Itā€™s more the undergrowth Iā€™m worried about thereā€™s a lot of Bush under that canopy. I never trimmed her at all just let her be bit now sheā€™s in flower I worry about bud rot or mildew.

@PurpNGold74 took some off the bottom to start as you suggested didnā€™t go wild.

Thatā€™s what I would do as well. Start small and find a schedule that works for you to make it an ongoing thing. Couple of leaves from a couple different areas of plant each time.

1 Like

Yes, she needs some defoliation. Do it like @dbrn32 said, a few leaves a day. Donā€™t go crazy and take a bunch of leaves all at once.

1 Like

yes dont go crazy. if you take too much she will go into shock, stop growing and generally look miserable. Im #1 with this mistake

2 Likes

Lol, yes, donā€™t do what @basementstealth did! Though his girl is fine, she took a long time to recover.

fyi if you are interested

3 Likes

Warning graphic photos :joy::joy:.

1 Like

You should use the wires you have in the pot to pull the outside branches down to let light into the middle of the plant

1 Like

I prune my Autoflowers a lot
Looks like I need to back off a lil on the nitrogen

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a good idea @boardsbird I was thinking of trying that but wasnā€™t sure if it would work. Sheā€™s getting big takes up a good section of the grow room with buds forming everywhere. I just hear so much about mold and shit I would hate for all my hard work to go to waste. Cheers.

1 Like

Iā€™m a real snob,ā€œI want 15 big pretty budā€™s with zero popcornā€ What some of the commercial grow videos, some of them really strip their plants

Hey @Mikkpay , first off.congrats on growing a nice begged auto sheā€™s bushy as hell! Nice, anyway Iā€™m on day 22 of my 1st auto grow probably 2-3. Weeks behind you,
My first grow was white widow fem , I begged for 12 weeks took forever lol
Iā€™m not to sure about these autos yet but I agree with everyone here just pick a few here and there where a large fan leaf might be blocking a flower, you can also tuck leaves under also which doesnā€™t hurt or shock the plant in my opinion, I hear these get shocked easy but Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a good Auto grower if not several here with get logs and willing to help.
But anyway if your going into flower I wouldnā€™t sorry to much about defoliation your getting ready for stretch , thatā€™ll stretch her out thinner and open here up, hey you can still start some LST also.
Whatā€™s the circulation problems?

Look at the plant today

19 days of growth. For me pruning or FIMing them never slows the plant down

2 Likes

Sexy lady there board. Somehow im back off ur journalā€¦ im watching waaaaay too many journals :joy::joy:

1 Like

My journal on how to not net an autoflower,I have some Durban Poison reg/femā€™s and I wont be fooled again.The journal is mainly so I can look back. Once I get the GG#4 monster clone flowering well people will come
Thanks for watching

Looking at harvesting in 2 weeks any thoughts?

2 Likes

Just make sure there milky jewelerā€™s loop :+1:

1 Like