White Widow auto... 4" height normal?

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

“The White Widow auto plants are about 1 1/2 months old now, growing in full sun, in Massachusetts and beautiful, but only about 4” tall, and flowering. Is that 4" height normal? I have read about these auto seeds. Please keep in mind I’ve been growing this for about 50 years, on and off. I’m also a very avid gardener, so I have lots of experience. "

Different seeds different genetics. WWA 17 days old outside new england. 3" tall

Seems small for a month and a half. These are mine WWA, oldest is about 44 days old from seed in this pick (broke soil apr 19, pic is from june 1st)…

So I would say 4" at a month and a half Is very small…

2 Likes

I’m in New England and have white widows that are smaller this year than they were last year. I had an issue with lighting in the beginning and then our crappy cold, wet spring added to it.

2 Likes

I’ve seen some pics of other WW growing here in MA both indoors for start and then outdoors have been struggling to get bigger, we had a long, dark and chilly spring and summer has been so inconsistent I think plants are a bit stressed.

1 Like

What’s type of soil? Checking the pH of the water?

these are my wwa I started outside 3 weeks ago they have seen about 4 days of sunshine and spent most of their time under the table out of the rain they got cot in heavy rain I was not home to save them they are struggling and stretching

these are my wwa at 3 weeks on my first grow inside big difference

These are my wwa’s at 4 weeks. Out door grow. Can’t say I am impressed. 5 hours sun and nutrients.

You’ve got a leafminer . . .