White Spots On Top Layer Of Plants

So I’m about a week away from putting my plants into the flower stage. I walked into my grow room today and noticed some white spots on the top layer of 2 plants. I’m not sure what it is, but if I had to guess it would be mold or the plants are growing too close to the light. The temp is usually between 85 - 90 degrees with 55 - 60 humidity.

1 Like

Welcome to the community. You need to take your pictures in natural light. It very difficult to see the problem in that light.

1 Like

It’s impossible to see color and texture with the purple lighting.

1 Like

@Flitme Thank you and sorry about that! Here are some better pictures!

Sorry about that. I just posted some pictures without the purple lighting on

1 Like

I see a bit of mold in the first pic. A dilute spray of hydrogen peroxide and water will take care of it and prevent it going forward. Mold (white powdery mildew) could be the cuse of the white spots too.

2 Likes

Just sprayed some stuff on it and it looks better. I appreciate the help! I’m just curious on how it started because I thought I had it set to a good humidity level inside the tent.

Are you using a humidifier in your grow space???

Not a humidifier, but a de-humidifier. I have it set to like 55%

Dont think it could do what I was thinking however in one pict I see a air conditioner or maybe your dehumidifier with the bright led display… I would cover that when you flip to flower as it could disrupt the dark period.

1 Like

Good to know that! I didn’t know that would cause an issue, thank you!

I have read a lot of threads where it has been mentioned as a possible issue with “hermies”.

1 Like

Did you examine the undersides of the leaves with a microscope? Could be aphids, or something else.

1 Like