White seeds viable?

The information I’m reading is all over the charts, some say yes while others say no. Picked up an oz of some good solid stone smoke and found a
(1) white seed. To plant or not to plant?

The best way to find out is to try germinating it…if it cracks, stick it in your choice of growing medium and see what happens.

3 Likes

That was my initial thought

1 Like

Not a mature seed, but you can give it a shot to see what happens.

Be care though because bag seeds often produce hermies.

1 Like

Just curious if anyone is growing white seeds and what the outcome is

Thanks for the hermie heads up

1 Like

The only seeds that I have grown so far are from ILGM. I have some seeds that were gifted to me by one of our fellow growers and breeders (@aaa) but have not grown them yet.

1 Like

I gave up on bag seeds. They’re 50/50% on male and female, and those that are female sometimes turn out to be hermies.

2 Likes

I grew a couple bagseed my very first grow as a trial and error process before wasting money on seeds. Since then ilgm seeds all the way. This smoke is just so good with such great aroma I’d really love to grow some

2 Likes

I used bag seed for my first grow too. I didn’t want to plant a $10 seed that I wasn’t sure I wasn’t going to kill anyway.

3 Likes

My first grow was with ILGM seeds, I did not know how much difficulty folks have getting them going. I was very naïve. Fortunately, every seed that has cracked for me has grown to harvest. Fingers crossed LOL

5 Likes

I dont agree i only grow bag seed but i try NOT to plant white seeds …almost never pop and alot of hype and excitement for no reason if its not brown or striped up i dont bother and i get 9 out of 10 females … But seed selection helps with that and enviornement i belive has alot to do with determaining sex of a plant

1 Like