White power on white widow

Looks like a male…pollen???

3 Likes

That is pollen, it is a male plant and all of your females are pollenated. Bummer unless you are intending to breed for seeds.

4 Likes

Thanks for the replies, I was afraid of this. My friend here tried to tell me it was a male, but the good people here on this forum told me two weeks ago it was female. My first set of pics might not have been to good to tell the difference. I think it is time to try again.

2 Likes

When posting photos (especially for diagnostic purposes), a single photo per post will allow for zooming in for a close look. Also, natural light give the best image for determining the health and status of your plants. I don’t know if you are taking photos in natural light or not, just letting you know.

1 Like

@hey-buc what is the link to the first post where the Male was mis diagnosed?

It would be interesting to see where the breakdown occurred.

1 Like

I looked back and there were no photos that showed male. Also no photos clear and close enough to definitely determine.

1 Like

The original post was under Beginner, indoor grow and titled White Widow, male or female, 15 days ago.

1 Like

I second this.
@hey-buc everything see that you posted was female. Unless this was a hermaphrodite that was missed because we only got a small section view of the plant. It’s important to get a picture of the whole plant and multiple pictures. Sorry we missed this.
In the current picture with pollen it appears that it does have both.

2 Likes

Thanks. As others said, no male bits on those photos.

This is a perfect example of “boots on the ground”!

@AAA I agreed with @dbrn32 that something seemed off with this plant.

Yep, but ain’t over til the fat lady shows us her balls!

1 Like

COLLECT THAT POLLEN!!!

Put it into an envelope, place that into a sealed glass jar. Pollinate females as you wish

1 Like

If they do @PharmerBob you’ll end up with hermaphrodite plants next grow around. I don’t recommend this.
Take pollen from a male, and not one with both. It’ll work out better in the end.

1 Like

It’s not a male plant?

Shit sorry on the road I didn’t notice the flowers and bananas

2 Likes

There was this ooops moment. Might’ve been the herming moment.

Just want to thank everyone for your response, have 4 more seeds, time to try again.

2 Likes

Am fairly new at this… it’s all a learning processes. Good luck!!!

Is this a normal thing to happen or just a bad seed or maybe something I did wrong ?
Thanks

1 Like

1- it happens even in stable land race strains. A plant can make thousands of seeds and more. If I had a thousand babies, I’m guessing a few might have “issues”.

2- some varieties have a herm gene fixed in them that can express for no reason at all.

3- environmental stress can cause it in an otherwise non herm prone plant. It’s a survival mechanism.

Thank you AAA

1 Like