White pistils all but gone

Feel like I’m very close to harvest here. Having a hard time looking at the trichomes with my loupe. They look clear, some cloudy, but none are amber. I feel more clear than cloudy, but again, hard to tell.
Sprouted July 15. Saw first white hairs August 15. Had a nutrient issues which may have temporarily hurt her, but she recovered. Buds are still slowly still filling out, but at a very slow rate it seems. Trying to decide if I should start going straight water and flush anticipating a harvest in 10 days or less. Thoughts?

3 Likes

Definitely wanna wait for the clear trichs to be gone if you want maximum potency but other than that looks good… hard to give any more advice with out a trich shot of your lady

2 Likes

You definitely want to be mostly cloudy before you go water only. On last harvest I was wanting to be 100% cloudy with very little amber. They were about 90%cloudy when I started water only, I hit the mark of 100% on 12th day of water only.

3 Likes

I as well try and get maximum potency not yield I wait for the clear to be completely gone, some times you’ll have anywhere from 10-30 percent amber by then depending on strain and what not my last harvest I ended up with perfect bud it was awesome 100 percent cloudy and just a touch of amber was excellent

5 Likes

Rookie pics from a rookie grower. Time to get ready right? This is from a flower lower on the plant that looks less ready to the naked eye than the top flowers. Last water was 4 nights ago with 6.4 ph and 84 ppm in and 5.6 ph and 1400 ppm out

Totally decent pics. Better than I know how to take that’s for sure. I’m still seeing a lot of clear trichs - I’d call that 30% cloudy, not seeing any amber hardly. I’d say at least 10 days but probably more.

Nice looking flowers you got there!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m stoked.And just when I think I’ve bought the last tool / trinket, there goes more $$.
Appreciate the feedback. I’m getting antsy. For reference, pics were from this greener bud. There purplish one is definitely its elder.

1 Like

Definitely have some time left lots of clear

Should I still be adding nutes at this phase or just go straight water. Went straight water last time and ppms were at 1400 coming out

4 days later. More seem cloudy, but assume another week or so.

Looking nice @Bonzo. I see mostly cloudy and no amber on the bud yet. As you said, probably another week or so.

Nice pics as well.

1 Like

Thanks. $40 microscope from amazon. Works great. Easy to set up and use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DVFBVPF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

A day closer. Some amber, right?

Is that on a sugar leaf or the calyx? Looks like you definitely have some amber. I also se a lot of clear-glass like trichomes. Is the plant foxtailing at all? I know mine is, at 16 weeks of flowering today. With all the foxtailing going on, it is hard for me to get a clear look at the older trichomes. I keep cutting little pieces and see mostly clear with some cloudy.

If foxtailing at this stage, then both of ours might be close to the end.

1 Like

Pics should be mostly bud. Prob a leaf or two in there. Bud really hasn’t grown much at all in past two weeks. No Fox tailing.

1 Like

You look like you are almost there. Also, you can harvest in stages. Say the top buds look like they are where you want them, go ahead and cut those. Leave the others that are less developed to grow and mature a bit more.

Good work!

1 Like