White mold on stem:powdery mildew ? stem rot?

Hi all
Newbie with first outdoor grow. I’m 58 days in with an gold Leaf auto in a 5 gallon pot. Natures living soil and just a hit of coast of maine buds and bloom .

Came home today after some two days of intermittent rain and saw this on my stem . Nothing on my small buds this far thst I can see.

Is this the dreaded powdery mildew? Or stem rot ? Would appreciate any help with a quick
Diagnosis before I figure out if it’s salvageable and or what to do

I do have some ILGM MOLD CONTROL but I believe it can’t be used when I flower
I’m about a week into flower …pics below and thanks I advance

I dont think it is mildew, if you enlarge the pic, the big white spot is actually a bug of some sort…

1 Like

@downbythepylons

1 Like

@downbythepylons

after a little google tour, it may be a plant hopper larvae. Here is a link explaining about them and a few solutions you can take…

1 Like

Thanks so much all for the replies
I am grateful for the helpfulness of this forum
Don’t think I would have even attempted a grow with it the support here

Ordered some sinospad spray and just thankful this is something I can tackle as opposed to tossing the whole plant due to mold

2 Likes

If u have de or diatemacious earth maybe while its there throw a spoon of de on that spot as to get it on the spot the bug is. When it moves thru the de it will slice up the exoskeleton and the bug will die off any bug that goes thru de dies as it is razor sharp pcs that are super small

1 Like