White fuzz? Any ideas?

Hey,

Here’s a couple of pics of my Og Kush auto in soil, now I recently moved the out of my tent into the corner of the room about a week ago due to space and when I looked at it today about half way down on the main cola there looks like some white fuzz, I checked on line and couldn’t figure out what this is or how to treat it, any 1 got any ideas?, pics below …

Man, that looks like mold forming and spreading fast. It may have been real humid in your room that it was open in or no air movement?? I hope I’m wrong but that doesn’t look good brother, sorry. If its mold or rot you’ll have to cut that out or it’ll just spread. Can I get some backup please?? @Mrcrabs @Jbum @blackthumbbetty @Myfriendis410

1 Like

Hey,

It had air moment in the tent but when I moved it out it didn’t have a fan on it, so is there anyway to prevent this, or a spray I can use ?, or even cut off that cola and try and save the rest of it

You can for sure cut it out and just watch everything until harvest really really closely dont try to use any that has the mold (if that’s what it is) which I believe it is, due to no air movement. Also was it in a dark period for a long time or under a light when you took it out of the tent??

Also if you do harvest and any buds smell really off after curing them or break apart really really easy then toss it its moldy too and not worth your health… it looks like white powdery mildew that turned into mold or rot.

Hmmm, definitely cut that off and maybe spray everyone down with peroxide and water, then really let everything thoroughly dry. KEEP YOUR FANS ON AT ALL TIMES.

4 Likes

I meant to write “everything”, but you could spray yourself and all the people in your house, too. Mostly for s&gs. :grinning:

5 Likes

Hey,

Lol, everything went good till I started spraying the people… lol, but sounds good to me, I saw a bunch of similar post and videos where people was spray a mixture on there plant of milk and water to help get rid of it and or some ph up and water to get rid of it, but I wasn’t sure what to do, I appreciate your alls help… thanks guys

Can’t be just regular milk. Non pasteurized and spoiled is the best. But just use Peroxide as mentioned above. But definitely WPM. Keep air flow even if it tears up a few leaves that’s better than loosing it all to mold.

Reminds me of my very first indoor grow and after a outdoor grow that got infested with bud rot. First thought was spider webbing but upon further review, bud rot was it, Starts just like that, open up your buds and you will see lots more, spraying that crap won’t do nothing, cut it all out and the adjoining bud too. I lost a whole indoor grow from that crap.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 couldnt he spray the 50/50 h202 solution?

1 Like

Yeah; a good spray down with 50/50 peroxide and a lot of airflow should do it.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 thank you gromie.

1 Like

Mold spreads by spores, those spores carry on the wind and can be transported by contact. Before you crank up the fans, ensure the visible moldy crap is gone! Be brutal with eradicating, but exercise care in not disturbing the mold too much. Once you have feel you have most of it gone use your choice of chemical treatment to kill the rest. Then move air…
So I just finished bleaching my small room before the winter crops go in. This, in my opinion, is mandatory and cannot be skipped. Spray everything, including light fixtures, fans and fan blades, venting inlets, hoses, wash pots and bins with 2 percent bleach too! Spray on and wait at least 3 minutes before you wipe it down. This helps hugely in eliminating mold spores! Sorry @Jbum this was not meant for you perse it was I tended as a general comment, but I felt it needed to be slammed home!

3 Likes

@Cannabian : PREACH!! Cleaning your grow spaces in between grows is VITAL. Even if you’re positive that the previous harvest was disease and/or pest and/or parasite and/or pollen free, it’s just good Best Practices.
Bleach those bitches!!
However, general question for y’all. I had a major dehumidifier malfunction about a month ago in one of my smaller rooms (thank freaking god) and ended up developing PM. (suck)
I created a solution of 7.5 ml 29% H2O2 in 1 gallon of water. I clipped leaves with the worst, chose to “scrub” a few leaves using cheesecloth in my H2O2 solution and then sprayed. (all before lights out)
Mildew gone. Awesome. Lab tests and microscopy indicates that my trichomes are all still good in the hood and didn’t lose any leaf integrity, thus no concern about any decrease in photosynthesis. BUT all my damned stigmas browned up!! Not the browning that we expect towards the end of flower. I’m talking over night.
Has anyone else experienced this when spraying with an H2O2 solution??
It was actually our first time dealing with PM in all our years of hydroponic growing so I wasn’t exactly prepared.
What gives?

Here are some pics of what I am calling “the burn,” because that’s what it looks like. Any ideas friends?

1 Like

I’ve seen that before.
I sprayed my first indoor scrog grow with straight 3% and they did the same thing.
Curious to see reason for the browning too.

@Oldguy - with that plant, how was the flavor and the high? Did you notice any difference?
I’m lucky enough to have a lab for thc/cbd, cannabinoid and terpene profiles plus microscopy and the levels are still on point. I mean, is there any actual danger to having the stigmas dry up earlier than normal as long as the trichomes mature and develop at the normal rate?

1 Like

Smoked good for what it was.
Was running a 300 w blurple at that time. Buds were fluffy and not dense
Early harvest too due to Mites pretty bad.
Think it was week 7 that I pulled the plug on that grow. Live and learn huh.
I then took a full month and changed my space and light. Both bigger. :grin:
Now I’m using old school 1 k watt mh / hps with much better end results.

Hey,

I ended up just cutting it out for good measure and a lot of you guys was right, it was begging stages of rot, I cut it all out and sprayed surrounding bud with a h202/ high alkaline spray and it seems to be working so far

3 Likes