White fly problem

hey there .

I have white flys.
how can I get rid of.
…with products around the house
thanks

I believe people cut up taters in half and place then around the pot and it’ll attract them, I could be wrong though, but wait till some more expert growers weigh in on it

1 Like

Correct also simple beach sand on top of soil will help

@garrigan62 has all sorts of natural pest solving methods

2 Likes

And they work well he has a great one with Cayanne pepper and Tea @tripper you should have @garrigan62 tell you want to visit recipes I’ve used one and it worked great

2 Likes

thanks heaps.
I’ll make some oil water …sprsy 2 times a week…
I will spay in evening.when sun has come down.
and put some sand on top of soil…
…thanks again

1 Like

@tripper

Here a go but @Donaldj is correct this should back him up.

Put sticky traps on the soil surface to trap the gnats

Put potato slices on the surface of the soil. The larvae like it and will be drawn to it… After about 4 to 5 days, remove the potato slices with the larvae. To get rid of them you can do a lot of things like either use a NO pest strip, neem oil or putting sand on the surface of the soil will suffocate the eggs and get rid of them as well. Tobacco juice kills them, and works well for re-occurrences!

They can be in or on the soil and can fly. In order to get rid of them you can use neem oil, sand or perlite on the surface again kills them, and no pest strips catch the ones that fly. A chemical product called Zone works very well and is very powerful and works well in Hydroponics/Aeroponics!
Other Products which can be used in Hydroponics/Aeroponics and soil are:
Regular dish soap one tsp to a liter and spray real good getting under leaf real good. and pour it on soil with potatoes peels and the soap water will draw them out of your soil

Wil
Regular dish soap one tsp to a liter and spray real good gettin

Safer Yard & Garden Insecticide

GNATROL( used in Hydroponics/Aeroponics in the water as well as soil),
Safer Sticky Stakes,
TR-11000 Pyrethrum.
PERMETHRIN dust
Mosquito Dunks

Organic Control

Natrasoap
Pest Oil
Neem Oil
Hot Pepper Wax
Doc’s Neem Pest Soap
Sticky traps
Safer’s Insecticidal Soap
Neem Oil
Neem 2

Will

2 Likes

I suggest you imidaclopirid 1×1000 solution watering.
And sprying this solution watering all plant leaves.
But you must spry well the under layer of leaves.
Repeat foliar spry after 3 days for eggs hatched.
This is no biological solution to problem.
But if you use any other products foliar spry you must make every 3 days for 3 times. Or eggs hatched will make new popolation

a white fly problem is treated the same as fungus gnats…with soil treatments?

1 Like

thanks so much for th info

what I’m trying.is
sand on surface and soap mix.
and potato.
how often can I spray .
thanks again
tripper

every couple of days right before lights out to prevent light burn and keep fan going to dry them also annoys bugs

This is what I use, best stuff in the world… Only takes one application.
And, totally organic.

Also prevents mold and mildew in your buds!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MQXG7RT/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1489296006&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=flying+skull+nuke+em

Description…
Flying Skull Nuke Em Pest Control, 8-Ounce Product Overview His breakthrough formula is a multi-purpose insecticide and fungicide that kills the eggs, larvae, juvenile and adult insect that feeds on and ultimately kills plants. Its target is all species of Spider Mites, Thrips, Whitefly, Mealy Bugs and other plant insect parasites. Nuke Em’s formula does not include surfactants, soaps or oil for the obvious reasons. Insects, mildew and mold can’t become immune to Nuke Em’s effects. Its unique formula is comprised of 100% food grade ingredients that are commonly found in every day food products like bread!.
You can spray it on your plants, soil, and including your buds, right up to the day of harvest!

Damn I’m definitely going to buy this for my outdoor grows this year! Have you ever used it @Traumamedic?

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

I’m gonna get some too!

@ktreez420

Yes… I spray it on as a weekly wash now to prevent any problems also.
Spray it on top of your soil, and it washes in when you water your plants… It does not kill your beneficial fungus.
Be sure to water your plants to runoff 1 hour before you use the spray to totally hydrate your plants, and turn your lights to 50%, or do it before sleep time… He states to do this on his website.

Here’s my grow journal…

1 Like