White Cobweb on buds

Whats that white stuff on the buds, looks like cobweb.

Btw is it normal for buds to mature in a month?

The white fuzz is mold and it also appears that you have some bud rot also.

6 Likes

I saw you about to post and figured i’d wait but i agree. That’s mold and bud rot.
What is you RH running - drop it!!

Oh, and cut that stuff off the plant immediately and thoroughly search for any other signs of it and get rid of that also!
Should be able to salvage some, but if it’s got mold, it’s gotta go!

3 Likes

What now? Make some edibles?

1 Like

harvest now and make edibles?

Cut out the rot and don’t attempt to use anything with mold. It hurts for sure but it’s not a good idea to consume anything with mold. You could possibly salvage some of it, but again do not use anything with mold showing.

8 Likes

Suggest increasing airflow and decreasing the humidity in your grow space. Humid, stale air is what causes it.

4 Likes

Its growing outside

If this is a indoor grow you will need to get control of your RH in grow space. 50% humidity is the sweet spot after flower starts, you could go lower but not much higher also be sure to have proper airflow around plants, especially if your humidity levels are above 50% while in flower.

Growing outside can be challenging, everything from budrot, to mold, to bugs.

2 Likes

I hate to see people put in a lot of hard work to have bud rot and mold take there plants away sorry to hear about ur plant bro

1 Like

I grow indoors but ran into the same problem

This is what is inside

I first saw the mold two weeks earlier. At that time I removed any bud with any sign of mold. I literally pried open every bud and checked for visible mold. In some cases, I didn’t see it on the outside but any soft brown leaves was an indication it needed close inspection.

After removing any affected buds I drenched all of the plants with a 50 / 50 mix of water and 3% hydrogen peroxide. I used a garden sprayer to apply the solution. I tried to spray as much of the inside of the buds I could.

The first pictures I showed are actually from when the plants were harvested. This was 16 days after I first saw the mold. You can see I did not get it all. In hindsight I should have sprayed them down one more time. This might have saved some of the buds I lost.
You need to cut and remove any affected buds from the garden. Be as careful as you can to minimize the spread of more mold spores. Bag or burn the moldy buds. You have a much longer time to harvest than I did. If you are only a month into flower, it may take another 6-7 weeks. This is under indoor conditions. Growing outside and your season, hours of light etc will affect this timeline. But, it’s early and you have a long way to go. So do not take any chances. Cut what you can find. Then use a peroxide wash to flood the plants. Do it a second time a week later. Keep a close eye on the plants and good luck.

3 Likes

That is heartbreaking. :woozy_face:
I had a Strawberry Cheesecake that got mold/rot from being outside. Tried to cut it out and salvage some. It didn’t work, kept spreading. I just fed it to the donkey in the field next door.

2 Likes

Guys, its been raining constantly for the past few days, i guess that’s where the mold came from. Harvest already, cut out the rot area and lets make some freaking edibles. OH yea

And then he officially became the world laziest ass!

:rofl:

4 Likes

Yea rain will do it…if you can, next time try to rig something that can possibly cover your grow during rain…humidity is a killer! Or Maybe even grow inside of a large pot that way you can move it when weather isn’t cooperating. If you did salvage any, you can do a bud wash with a mixture of peroxide on the buds that didn’t get moldy! Something is better than nothing, bummer though :-1:t3:

1 Like

‘She’ to be precise…It is a Jenny not a Jack.

Did you do a bud wash? A must if mold present.

Whaaaat?

2 Likes

The donkey in the field next door in a post above!!
Not you bro! LOL!

2 Likes