Which seeds should I get?

Hi Guys. Im a newbie. I signed on about a month ago. I wanted to do some reading before I started asking questions. I thought maybe i could find some of the answers to my questions. I found some but not all so i thought i would make my first post. first things first Hi Everybody Im really excited to start this which brings me to my first question.
I want to do a out door grow ( i have a lot of private property.) Im a first timer and have never grown anything…i did have a ivory once…it didnt make it. I would like to know which seeds should i get. Auto Flowering or feminized seeds for my outdoor grow. Next Im looking for strong smelling with medium to high THC and a high yielding strain. Any suggestion or pointers you guys can give will be appreciated. I cant wait to order my seeds.

1 Like

Gorilla Glue. High yield and potency

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion.

I like to read the Breeders Suggestions on the type of climate that a particular strain will do best in .and make my decisions from that on outdoor grow. Good luck with your new outdoor venture.

2 Likes

that’s a very good point @kellydans. I live in Massachusetts and I learned to grow plants that flourish in cooler climates. I grow warmer climates in the house LOL

1 Like

Gorilla Glue, it’s fairly easy to grow and you get a good yeild. Mines on the 9th week of flower.

@srog5455

2 Likes

I grew GG outdoors good yield great buzz

1 Like

I love Gorilla Glue lol lots of frosty Triches. I agree with you 100% on the great buzz. Edibles are very nice with this strain. @Royc

1 Like

Thanks for that. i will read the breeders suggestion. I haven’t even started my grow yet and i’ve already learned some thing new. @kellydans.

1 Like

Thanks GreenThumb for you input and i love the picks now i know what ive got to look forward too. I do have a one more question maybe you can help me with. as i’ve said this is my first grow. I do plan on taking kellydans advice and looking at breeders suggestion. Which seed do you recommend i get. Autoflowering or feminized seeds. I will appreciate what ever advice you can give. Just looking at your pics has me very excited. @GreenThumb101.

Hi guys just give a quick update. I checked the breeders suggestions and Gorilla Glue will grow just fine down here in Louisiana. So Gorilla Glue it is. If i cant get a few more suggestions on what type of seeds (auto flowering or feminized?) i should get because i’m a first timer. I will place my order. Thanks Everybody.

1 Like

I would do a couple autos, which will finish in 10 or so weeks. Feminized seed grow all season long, harvest September October. Yields on autos will be less than Feminized but you can do a couple rounds of autos in that time. I would do both lol

GSC is a strain I’ve grown that smelled quite a bit, gives a good yield, and is plenty potent. I don’t know how it does outdoors though.

@srog5455 Just thought I’d throw that out there. Cuz what works for me here in the mountains may not work as good for you in the flat land . As far as Autos or photos I like growing both. You should easy get two crops of autos In your area. Autos will start flowering after 4 to 7 weeks planted inside or outside . photos if outside will start flowering fall of the year when the days start getting shorter. Good luck.

1 Like

Imo fem is better you get better yeild. It will take from seed to harvest roughly 4 to 5 months in my experience but can go for longer. @srog5455 It’s a really forgiving strain for sure. I used scrog method and vegged (vegetative stage) mine about 2 to 2 1/2 months. Here 1 bud I had got from her

that’s wet weight the 2nd biggest bud I got from gorilla glue.

2 Likes

@srog5455 If or when you get Gorilla Glue check out my grow journal How much soil to use? - #642 by dbrn32 this might help you a little bit.

Thanks guys for all your help. I"m going to go with the autos. Thanks @Dennis62 you post pretty much sealed it for me on which seed to get Thanks again @kellydans for your post. Its good to know this grow pretty good indoors or out, and @GreenThumb101 your pics are amazing. i will most definitely check out your grow journal. Thanks again everybody im placing my order tomorrow.

2 Likes

Hi Royc. I wanted to reach out to you because you have done a outdoors grow of GG. I have my seeds soaking right now so 'm ready to start my grow. I have a few questions and i thought maybe you can help me out a bit. I ordered the fertilizing grow pack but it wont be in for a few weeks so i’m only going to do 5 seeds (i ordered 10). First off for my soil i brought fox farms Ocean Forest I’ve read that’s what a lot of growers use so that’s what i’m starting out with. Here is one of the big questions i have I wanted to plant in the ground once they were big enough to transplant, but i’ve notice a lot of growers using 5 gallon buckets. Which did you use or which would you suggest?

Hi @srog5455 my first out side grow I planted photo Gorilla Glue.
I started early in the tent, then put outside, they quickly grew too large for their pots 5-7 gallon
so I transplanted into the ground. you could use bigger pots 15 Gal or
larger. controlling all that’s going into the plant and possibly increasing
thc levels ? bigger yields outdoors, good luck I’m watching if you need help

Thanks Man. I appreciate your help. I’m just waiting for my seed to tell me the are ready to go in some soil. I think for my first 5 i’m going to put them in the ground.My nutrients pack i ordered hasn’t come in yet. it might be another 2 weeks before i get them. I’m excited to start this grow so these 5 are going in the ground. My plan is once there are ready to be transplanted into the ground i’m going to dig the holes out and fill them with FFOF. Thanks again. for your help. I’m more than sure i;m going to be needing alot of it.