Which Quantum Board?

I plugged in the total numbers which all light companies put out and compared against wattage numbers to get usable numbers.

Another thing to consider, is during some tests if you get access to then the total wattage available on a unit you might buy. The higher wattage in lab tests likely won’t apply to you as it seems to vary within a few watts from fixture to fixture.in a lab test that has higher wattage than the purchase fixture it drops efficiency but adds to coverage during these lab tests. This isn’t a conspiracy, most lights can be adjust on power levels directly on the reputable drivers, and they are hand built. And the dimmers if there is one, will range between the set power levels.

Light Fixture Usable PPF (µmol) Photon Efficiency (µmol/w) Cost Cost Efficiency ($/µmol) Power Draw (watts) Benchmark Harvest (grams) Coverage (Sq. Feet) Diodes Warranty
IONBOARD S33 480 2.00 $269 $0.56 240 360 7.4 LM301B 2 Year Warranty
HLG 200 RSPEC 428 2.18 $279 $0.65 196 321 6.6 LM301H Not Listed

Normally HLG provides warranty info on a light per light basis but the listing doesn’t say.

That said I feel like both are under powered for a 3x3, but the s33 is the better option in terms of coverage.

Check out my light thread

4 Likes