Which one of these lights should I use?

I’m new to growing. As I was setting myself up I bought an Electric Sky 180 V3 LED Grow Light for my soil autoflower grow. It was being used in my 2x2 tent. As I progressed with the grow, I realized the 2 plants were getting squeezed by the relatively small growing space.
I ‘upgraded’ to a 2x4 tent which came with an AC Infinity Full Spectrum LED Grow Light with Samsung LM301B Diodes.

1-My question is has anyone had experience with the Infinity light? Do you like it?
Or
2-Should I keep the Electric sky going in the 2x4 tent?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

How many watts is the AC Infinity light?

2 Likes

1 Like

Thanks!

It’s 200W

2 White Widow autos from ILGM
Soil- Happy Frog Fox Farm blend
Fox Farm Nutes schedule @5 weeks 1/2 doses
Presently at week 7 of grow
5 gallon Smart Pots
Indoor grow
Temp 75
Humidity 50
VPD- 1.32
AC Infinity ventilation system with Carbon
PH- N/A
TDS-N/A

5 Likes

The minimum that I would run is 20 watts per square foot, 8x20 =160. The opinion is 40-45 watts per square foot 8x40= 320. So both in the 2x4 maybe best, if they will fit OK. The 200 will be OK but will not give the results of a 320 or a 350.
Also consider the shape of your tent vs light shape. For example the HLG 350 rectangular shape makes it a good choice for the 2x4, since it will fill up more of tent’s ceiling the coverage will be better at a lower height and lower wattage than a square style light at equal watts.

4 Likes

Looks like you are doing a great job!
Are you using any kind of light meter?
If not, you may want to check into the Photone app for your phone. You will want to have enough light to obtain a DLI reading of 40-45 at the canopy of your plants.
Plenty of info here about reading light levels.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion and reasoning behind it.

I will put both in there!

Thank you- I appreciate the encouragement.

No, I’m not……That’s good information- I will download the app and keep tabs on the light. I don’t want to mess up this far into the game.

1 Like

Be sure to close the tent door as best you can while taking the reading. If you leave the the door wide open your when taking reading the reading will be lower than actual. I hold the phone on top of the canopy through a small opening in the door while peeking at it through the same opening.

3 Likes

l1AsLRMPVMT0D0czC
Thanks @Ickey …I didn’t know this either.

2 Likes

Sure! It is my pleasure to serve.
But, actually I was making the same mistake until another member pointed this out.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community nice looking plants.

3 Likes

For optimum lighting and bud development 40-50 watts per square foot of grow space. I would put both lights in the 2 x 4 to have 380 watts :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community :blush: You are in good hands here. Happy Growing :blush::v:

2 Likes