Which Light Please Help

I like 7 gallon but in coco. Soil for me is 10 and 15 gallon.

1 Like

I canā€™t imagine a 15 gallon in my 2x2x5 tent my friend hahahahha

1 Like

@BoulevardC90Rider I cook my own super soil too. Fabric pots are the only way to go if you want to see how much moisture and nutrients your plants are getting

2 Likes

In the past I did the lift test. Lift the pot everyday especially when I water to understand how heavy it feels when I just water it. Is that not good enough?

2 Likes

I use the lift test and one of those cheap moisture meters that stick in the soil. Iā€™m on my 3rd grow so I pretty much follow the typical watering schedule from the Grow Bible (veg 1-1.5l every other day and flower 2-3l every other day.) With the fabric pots you can see what is happening with the plants.

1 Like

I have yet to read the grow bible. I have heard good things from the book.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a lot of good information in the Grow Bible. There are nuances to this that can render huge gains in yield and quality. Take the time to read it.

1 Like

The 7 gallon with 1/3 super soil can render yield?

1 Like

Depending on what you do with it, you could harvest 5 to 8 oz with a SCROG or some training. Iā€™m saying that the GB is your best resource right now.

1 Like

Thank you brother for your time and your advice

1 Like

The best thing about the cloth pots and coco is that you can ā€œwater to wasteā€, which means dump nute solution in until some leaks out the bottom. The stuff leaking out the bottom carries any excess salt buildup with it, so whatā€™s left in the coco is exactly what you dumped in. You can even do it every day, so no worries about under or over watering and no worries about under or over feeding. The cloth pot air prunes the roots so you canā€™t get root bound. And oxygen gets in to the roots very well. Huge improvement over plastic buckets.

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t the fabric act as a filter @1BigFella? Well maybe not at first but eventually salt particles have to start building around the cloth and then eventually becoming kinda a filter trapping more and more stuff in the actual pot itself. Similar to swimming pool sand filters.

I am using a nutrient solution that has everything dissolved. It passes right through the felt. You can spray a garden hose at the felt and it comes right through. Not much of a filter: The pores are small enough not to pass coco strands but not a lot smaller. I suppose you could get some salts deposited in the felt but they would wash out the next time you feed the plant. People do wash them with detergent at the end of a growing cycle before reusing them.

1 Like

Thanks for your input my dude!!!