Which LED light should I get?

Lookin good :+1: :v:

2 Likes

@Mmchugh42 They look awesome! Would’ve never guessed that’s a first grow. Thank you for your input.

2 Likes

While we’re talking about lights, I’ll also ask… what ppfd/par meters are all you guys and girls using? Do you find them necessary/helpful? I currently don’t have one.

I haven’t used one at all.

1 Like

Look at a pair of HLG 260xl’s not the regular one but the xl. The ChilLED growcraft 600x6 has a footprint actually DESIGNED for a 4x4 tent. Can’t go wrong with either.

1 Like

@Cannacure Thank you, I have found a lot of people using the 260xl (x2) on here.
Have you heard anything about the growers choice ROI e680? This one seems intriguing to me on paper. And video reviews make it seem impressive.

I don’t really know anything about the ROI lights. I am brand new at indoor gardening myself. I am currently running two HLG 260 xl’s and an HLG 600h and couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome. The guys over at HLG have been SUPER helpful and are a wealth of knowledge. I don’t know where you are from. I also acknowledge that this is an international forum. However, as an American, I appreciate that they are handcrafted in the USA. I enjoy knowing that my HARD earned dollar puts food on a neighbors table! They are just regular guys from Tennessee. Call’em up at 8 in the morning. They will be there and they will answer promptly with no bullshit. I find value in that.@ahuff774

1 Like

I’m from Michigan. I can definitely appreciate that!

2 Likes

HLG is an Ohio company. That might be an issue for you. @ahuff774

3 Likes

Yeah you know how to change my mind real quick lol… even made me double check their website. Turns out they’re just north of Columbus :-1:t2::joy:

2 Likes

Good thing mine comes from California… it was like it was meant to grow weed or something man…
This speaks to me. It was a sign from above… or is it the light?

Divine.

What light do you have?

I have the Rapid LED fixture. Some assembly required, but it’s worth it. I purchased the Cree version on their site.
If you can jump start a car, and follow a few extra directions it’s not a difficult assembly.

1 Like

That’s great light. I was eyeballing that before I bought the HLG.

I do enjoy the COB Lighting.

2 Likes

RapidLED is a great source. I have used them for years. Horticulture and Marine Aquariums :+1:t2:

The 2x4 fixtures are perfect for Rectangle tanks.

2 Likes

I had a Bestva 2000 light and it worked great and put off a lot of strong light and had a very high PAR level. But I recently switched all of my LED lights to anything with Samsung LM301B chips. They are much more energy efficient and put off very little heat compared to my Bestva.

I would highly recommend the Spiderfarmer Series, or HLG series. The spiderfarmer is pretty much the same as HLG just cheaper price. I have both and absolutely love the spiderfarmer series. It’s a littler heavier duty than the HLG and just feels better on your hands weight wise.

And I’m sure I will be corrected, as I am a beginner but I have noticed that if I can get at least 150- 200 actual watts from the wall per 1 plant with Samsung LM301B LED chips on any of my lights, that the plants seem to have more that enough light.

I attached some various photos throughout my grow that can show the lights

4 Likes

@Pepeall20 Your grow looks great! Thanks for sharing. I didn’t realize the HLG and Spider Farmer were that similar

Rapid also sells components so if you wanna go all scientific with spectrum targeting, you can build to suit …

This is my Actinic 420nm (far end of UV).

3 Likes

Looks awesome!
In the future, I’d love to pick out specific components and build. I think it would be a fun project to take on while learning a lot! For now, i think I’m going to buy either a kit or “non-DIY” light.

1 Like