Which is best trim after dried or trim after fresh clipping?

So I’m coming up to harvest time here and I’ve harvested a few times and I’ve done it one way usually when I first chop them. I trim before I hang to dry.and freeze my trimming so I can make fresh bubble hash lol. But I wanna know If dryin them first for a week and then trimming is better? Than or freshly clipped my plants trimmed them right away and…But I want to know what everyone else’s preferences are. Let me know what you all think please :grin::grin::+1:

1 Like

I find wet trim is easier I got lazy one time and dry trimmed and regretted it I lost half the trim I would have had with a wet trim

1 Like

Depends on the plant: some cultivars are less leafy than others and don’t need much. I wet trim if my drying conditions are on the ‘moist’ side to reduce the amount of moisture I have to remove and don’t wet trim if conditions are on the dry side. It is usually easier to wet trim when leaves are still standing proud.

I do recommend doing a bud wash. It helps preserve freshness of dried flower and removes crap that has stuck to the plant over time. It doesn’t harm THC at all. Look it up on Youtube.

2 Likes

Cool thank im gonna have to look up that bud wash never heard of it before

1 Like

:ok_hand::ok_hand:thank u

If you ask me, it depends, I usually got a few pounds hanging, and I find that if I leave the trim on the sticks it protects my dope from getting bruised. Each to their own. The other advantage of drying the trim is its ready to go immediately for whatever you plant to do with it. I guess if your gonna bubble hash it, it probably doesnt really matter what you do?

2 Likes

I wet trim, it is easier as you can do it as you cut branches.