Which filter/fan to get for 5x8 room

getting really stinky in growroom and I need to upgrade. not sure to what to get. thinking about 4 inch or 6 inch blower and filter. The room has an air conditioner. Can I buy and then run them independently inside room without venting outside. Can’t afford to vent outside and lose what cool air I have.

1 Like

Hey @Countryboyjvd1971 saw ya on. whatcha think?

1 Like

Hey @bryan real quick I’m used your 5x8 and assuming you have 8 foot high tent you need a fan that’s able to move 320 cubic feet min so onevthats capable of 400 cfm will work for you get one with a fan speed controller
But I recommend starting it out at half speed and adjust speed up or down depending on your temp and humidity
Really a inline fan capable of 150 cfm fan at max 100% is probably more than enough for your needs
Which you can get a 4inch inline fan and filter set up on Amazon for around 80$
I run exhaust fans 100cfm at full speed always in my tents 4x4x7 just to give you an idea
You don’t want to pull 100 % of air every minute you’ll never maintain humidity levels that way
I’m at work now but will check back. For follow up questions in a bit Bryan :v::grin:CB

3 Likes

no tent, just a room. what I am trying to figure out, after you gave me the numbers to work with, is this. Do I have to vent outside the room? Can I just connect the filter and fan together and turn them on? will this deodorize the room air? I apologize for my ignorance on this, that is why I came to You :smile:

1 Like

ok, pulled the trigger on a 6 inch inline fan, carbon filter, speed controller. 400 cfm. 100 bucks… I’m happy. Thx @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

Sounds good @bryan if you need anything else just tag me bro
You can just scrub air and it should work out with the smell you may need to exhaust out to maintain heat and humidity
I personally recycle my air in winter I’m in the NE so temps and humidity drop super low in winter
But have the option to vent outside also when my temps get to about 75 in grow room I start to vent outside
Happy growing

1 Like