Where's The Trichs?

First time poster, not a super new grower but learning alot. I don’t even smoke but my wife does and I have absolutely become obsessed. Thank you ILGM, btw, you are amazing.

So these are some amnesia haze autos, a couple of different phenomes, but pretty healthy plants. I know there are a ton of variables affecting their trichome production, but I’m just looking for some daily affirmation.

I’m thinking about 2 weeks left, just got dosed with some FF Bembe.

IMG_0434

8 Likes

You’ve got on the latter size of 3 or 4 weeks judging by the pistils. And there are trichs on the sugar leaves not even zooming, and I’m aaaalmost legally blind lol. They look great!!! Still have some swell left too, then the trichs on the flowers will be more pronounced. Good luck and happy growing!!!

Edit… Some buds may be a little sooner judging by the pics but the first couple closer shots definitely have a few weeks.

9 Likes

Thank you for that. They definitely smell amazing and that mutant bud on the right is absolutely massive. My last grow was a super lemon haze photo that got really frosty pretty early, which is why I was concerned with these.

1 Like

I just finished 3 Amnesia Haze Autos, and the best possible advice I could give would be to wait. As stated above, 3,4 weeks at minimum, and honestly, if they can go a little longer, let them. As long as the trichs don’t get too amber too fast, let her grow, and she will reward you in the end.

5 Likes

Great looking bud, bud!

1 Like

buds looking great

2 Likes

@flagrow those look great agree with @Borderryan22 have 3-4 weeks left.

3 Likes

I agree as well 3-4+ weeks easy they are looking good though

2 Likes

They look great. These ladies need some more plumping up. Happy Harvest :blush:

3 Likes

Quick update and a massive thanks. Everyone was absolutely correct, these beauties are now really getting frosty and without question the smelliest plants I’ve ever grown. Like, smelling them in the backyard with the wind blowing from 100 feet away. Looking like a couple more weeks hopefully.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Nice buds!!! Patience is a mofo when growing tasty buds! They definitely got their swole on! I think you’re right about the couple more weeks. Do you have a magnifying tool to check the trichomes?

3 Likes

My wife has enough stupid smart devices that we can zoom in pretty close, doesn’t take good pictures to post though. Probably 70% cloudy to 30% clear. No ambers. Still alot of new flowers at the top of the buds, I thought was foxtailing but they just keep filling in and getting frosty. Its getting pretty warm down here now though, temp was up to 92 in the tent, which is my wife’s she shed outside; no a/c. And although I don’t smoke much, I do enjoy a tasty sativa and an uplifting experience, so we’re not looking for a ton of amber.

3 Likes

Just make sure you have plenty of air flow in there with that heat. I grew outside last summer with a week straight of 100°+ and buds were pretty solid. I’ve got 8 autos going outside in a couple/few weeks and it’s gonna get hot as hell. You’re going to have a nice harvest as long as rh stays low and the air keeps moving.

3 Likes

Looks good! Autos generally don’t have the trich coverage like photos. If you think this is the smelliest plant you ever grown grow the photo version and you’ll be blown away

1 Like

A sad update.

Harvested my 3 beautiful amnesia haze autos Sunday. I was always a little nervous about the big one, 10" main cola and really really fat. Wet trimming the other night and it just doesn’t smell quite right so I dig a little deeper.

My very first bout with bud rot. Removed from the rest of the harvest and tossed Some of the nuggets were unaffected but are isolated from the healthy plants.

1 Like

dang that really sucks

We ALL initially way underestimate how long till harvest. I agee at least 3 weeks but would actually guess at 4 weeks.

When you have only 1or 2 white pistils on the entire plant, the it’s a week after that.

Good luck and sit on your hands for a while.

Ugh… just saw the bud rot photo. What do you think happened? That humid?? Did you have any fans going? Feel so bad for you

1 Like

4 Inch exhaust, 2 clip on oscillating fans. It did get a little cold a few mornings (North Florida cold) but never below 55. Humidity may have gotten up to 70 once or twice but stayed under 60 for the most part. I honestly think it was just so thick and dense that was probably just enough. The other 2 were very healthy, great looking plants that really thickened up at the end. This one was literally twice as thick and dense.

1 Like

Now that’s an example where some lil popsicle sticks or dry stems would have splayed that bud open enough to get by. Open the airflow like a bud shim or stent.

I am sorry about the mold. It always happens to the biggest cola. At least you got some buds for the wife anyway. And a great trophy shot bud there.

2 Likes