Where to get a jewlers loop

I guess eventually I will need something to look at tricomes so am wondering where to get a jewlers loop ph pen etc.
I cant order online here in Tn because my bank and associated cards along with my address is in Colorado. Are there stores that selk jewlers loops and I wonder if a decent nursery would sell apera ph pens???

3 Likes

Could you not buy a pre paid card to order off Amazon? Also any grow shop should have what you need. Maybe p a y p a l?

1 Like

Try Amazon, all kinds of mag glasses, phone attachments and portable microscopes :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Sorry just saw you cant order on line. I would think any grow shop or hobby store would have a mag glass

1 Like

@KnutsonBoltz Ok here you go.

First call your Bank. Know what the total is and the bank will generally do a over ride and approve of the purchase. Mine does. My Bank treats all over seas purchases as Identity Theft so I have to call for approval and also to unlock the card.

If that doesn’t work, go to Walmart or anywhere else that you can purchase a V i s a, MC gift and or Debit ones you can reload. I use the Debit ones in the past.

If that doesn’t work, Amazon will allow you to use different Shipping and Billing address.

If I am leaving the Country I have to get approval. I have to tell them the dates and where I am at aka which country. My bank does this.

I’m having a brain fart at the moment as I thought of different options and poof. Gone. But this should help.

2 Likes

I think hobby lobby sells them

Ok, another question. Do these things have different magnification levels. What magnification do you guys reccomend for looking at tricomes?

Yes, i have a cheap set from harbor freight ( forgot about that) it goes to 10x. Not quite enough. Most use 40-60x. Well most of us have stepped up to cheap wifi scopes.

2 Likes

Ok, now educate me on wifi scopes. Is this a downloaded app? Which one works best?
Next thing you know you techie guys will be growing you bud in the metaverse.

Welcome fellow Tennesseean! I’m in the Memphis area! Originally from Knoxville. Hope you find what you need! Happy growing :metal:t2::seedling:

Wifi scope is a handheld or stand mounted microscope that connects (wifi) to your phone to take pics. My hand isn’t steady enough to hold by hand and had to pop the extra $10 for a stand. Your experience may vary.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091F8C45M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

I have both the scope and a 30x-60x jewelers loupe. I found I can’t quite get the detail I need using the loupe at 30x. At 60x I run back into the hand steadiness issue. I found best results using the wifi scope with a stand and clipping a tiny bit of bud to put under the scope.

5 Likes

:point_up: what he said :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for the education. Im just a ham n egger here.

1 Like

Amazon best place to shop , you can find what your looking for.

1 Like

You could stop by and grab a Amazon gift card till you get your CC straightened out :metal:

2 Likes

Good idea. Thanks

1 Like

Does not matter what state your bank or bank card is registered. Mine are not associated with my current address. They still have my old mailing address. I buy stuff all the time on Amazon and tell them to send it here where i am. I send gifts to my daughter and granddaughter all the time by just putting there address as the shipping address on Amazon. Saves me having to pay extra shipping charges.
Amazon is not going to notify your bank where the card was used at only that it was used to make a purchase. Just the same as if you bought something at Walmart. Speaking of which walmart sells almost everything Amazon does and will also ship to whatever address you tell them.
You know they just don’t care where you are in the US as long as you don’t exceed card limits. The only way your bank would know is if you call and say hey i didn’t do that. Other than that they just don’t care.

1 Like

I use a laptop / PC. I do not get along with my phone. I use it to call if I must and text who I have too. I went with a Pluggable USB scope. Plug into my computer, images are on a large screen, and save it to well organized files.
I think it takes fairly decent pictures

I tried a jewelers loupe. I could not tell the difference between clear and cloudy. Had to cut a sample and put it on a solid surface. No way if hand held. NOte - same with any scope. Impossible to get decent shots at any level of significant magnification.

I also tried other magnifiers. I have a couple Carson in a drawer somewhere.

A odd place to look for magnifiers would be coin shops, camera and photo developing stores, some better hobby shops and certainly educators supply. Good luck

3 Likes

Thats some good information there.
Thanks
Knutson