Where to Buy Advanced Nutrients

I heard real good things about this brand and was able to get a lot of the bottles from Amazon. I called up my local hydroponics stores and they don’t carry the rest of what I need. Is there any other site that’s reliable to buy from??

1 Like

Hydrobuilder dot com

4 Likes

GrowGreenMI is my go-to for most supplies.

5 Likes

Dont mean to bust your bubble but Advanced nutrients is way over rated :confused: and expensive.
Im not saying they dont work because they do. But no better then any other brand.
They lead the race in marketing there products and spread it out into a ridiculous about of bottles that have you playing scientists to get a good successful harvest :sweat_smile:

There’s lots cheaper, easier, options with time tested results is all im trying to say :grin: save ya self some time and money …

5 Likes

I agree with @1HappyPappy, AN is pricey and requires a lot of ingredients. If I am paying that much, I would prefer Mills as it is very easy to use. Jacks rules for price and quality. GrowgreenMi dot com carries all three brands, and has AN at a good discount most of the time.

4 Likes

Agreed i like advanced nutrients too but i just dwitched to jacks 321 and its doing great and im just going to use up the rest of my AN with it and continue with the jacks

3 Likes

Jacks is going to run the rest of them out of the business if growers keep switching to them. One 30lb bag can last years. I was buying several gallons of GH nutrients a year. I bought a 30lb bag of Jacks. 17-4-17 pure water LX for veg and a 30lb bag of Jacks 10-30-20 bloom formula in 2020 and I still have half of them left @Ickey. I found out with AN or GH or whoever they are you are paying for mostly water @Amateur-Grower

1 Like

Decided to return the AN and look into getting Jacks, is there a feeding schedule anyone can share?

Here is the 321 schedule. There are more on Jacks website. Most here on the forum just run the three part 321 for the entire grow. Also pictured is the three components for the 321.

GrowgreenMi has the small bags of all three for about $20 - 22 each.

3 Likes

I still love my Advanced Nutrients. It took me a few years to nail down which products to keep and which to eliminate. I agree completely with those who stated it’s over marketed. I used the entire line for a while, but aside from being ridiculously expensive to do that, it’s also complicated and unnecessary. I love the Connoisseur pH perfect base nutes. They include all the basic necessities and depending on your water there’s usually no need to adjust pH after mixing.

Aside from the base nutes I still use their Cal/Mag Extra, B-52, Big Bud, and Bud Candy.

I stopped using Bud Ignitor and Overdrive because I considered them to be redundant and overpriced. If I see the need I just use Big Bud a bit early or late on the schedule in place of the other two.

I stopped using Vodoo Juice, Piranha, and Tarantula because of the ridiculous prices and because I feel like Photosynthesis Plus and Vegetable & Fruit Yield Enhancer by Microbe Life Hydroponics works just as well for less than half the cost.

I stopped using Rhino Skin and Sensizym because I feel NPK Industries Raw Silica and Enzymes work better for less money. I also use Yucca from NPK Industries.

Last thing I’ll say about buying Advanced Nutrients online is be careful with the products that come with expiration dates. The base nutrients and most of the additives are fine, but the microbe and fungi products have a fairly short shelf life. If you notice a seller on Amazon or a similar site selling Voodoo juice, Piranha, or Tarantula at lower than normal prices, BEWARE, it’s likely expired, and they either scuff up the date or just hope you don’t notice it!

1 Like

Thank you! I gave it a read, I could’ve missed it, but does it say to feed twice a week? I have FoxFarm currently and the schedule tells me to feed twice a week.

I feed with Jacks with each watering, but I have been running coco also. I start by mixing it in about 3/4 of a gallon of water, and keep the Jacks amounts the same as for a gallon. Then add plain water back to this until I get the EC reading wanted. In coco I start early veg at about an EC of 1.8, and end up at 2.4 during mid veg and for the rest of the way.

2 Likes

Good point about the shelf life on organic nutrients. I have a shelf full of Roots Organics Nutrients, about twelve bottles, (good nutrients), and it is over three years old. I am afraid to use it, since it maybe lacking strength by now. But I hate to throw it out also.

2 Likes

@Ickey those nutrients are probably still good.
I copied this but I believe nutrients last alot longer then manufacturers “best by dates” suggest. At least the actual nutrient parts. If theres microbes or other “active ingredients” then they may lose potency, but the minerals “aka nutrients”, do not break down over time :wink:

"Did you ever wonder “Does fertilizer go bad?”. The general answer is no, fertilizer does not go bad if it is properly stored. Fertilizer is made up of a variety of natural minerals and elements that do not break down over time allowing you to store your unused fertilizer from year to year.

• NOTE: Generally, fertilizers with AI’s (active ingredients) found in weed and pest control products have a shelf life of only 1-4 years because a majority of pesticides and herbicides lose their potency over time.Check the product label for details.

Depending on the type of fertilizer (Granular or Liquid) you purchased will determine the life of your product. Granular fertilizer has an extensive life if stored properly. Liquid fertilizers can have a shelf life between 8-10 years if stored properly (refer to expiration date on product label or contact the manufacturer for more details since all products vary)."

2 Likes

I just placed my first order with them. How are they at shipping?

2 Likes

I got mine via UPS - it was quick, like within a week. Way faster than I needed it.

3 Likes

The only negative thing that I can say is, when I order on a Friday it doesn’t ship until Monday. Otherwise all has been great with GGM.

3 Likes