Where oh where are the Amber Trichomes! Where oh where can they be!

I have used the jewelers loop and noticed that there are a few amber trichomes on the leaves and some of the browning pistils. I’d say that ninety percent remain clear at this point. I can’t get you a picture of what I saw…just this to show the pistils beginning to change…and most pistils remain white.

It is day 58 from germination, AH (AF) Is the plant “early”, on-time? Should I switch to water only, no nutrients for the remainder of flowering?

1 Like

You still have a few weeks buddy, how many weeks since you flip to flower

1 Like

What did breeder say about time? I am guessing they are autos, not photos but in either case most of your Triches should turn and recede, then check for amber!

3 Likes

Hey holmes. Did you mean pistils will turn and recede or the trichs? Im on my first plant also but i thought it was the pistils that turn orange or browmln and recede. The trichs dont go away? Idk asking

3 Likes

Im almost 100% positive @Holmes meant “pistils”. But i’ll let him clear that up for sure. Lol

3 Likes

Yea thought it was just a case of faster fingers than brain like i do lol

3 Likes

Exactly right, sorry I am pretty high right now so maybe it is bedtime :sleeping:, Have a good one feller’s

5 Likes

These are auto-seeds from Bergman who advertises 8-10 weeks though I understand it could take longer. The pistils will “turn in” upon themselves and “then” check for amber. (Big sigh) Yep, got a few weeks left. Lots of white “young looking” pistils all over the plant. Thanks! Just wanted to get a sense of when to draw back from adding nutrients prior to harvest time.

Yeah, lol! I got the same sense of his meaning.

If by “flip” you men when did flowering begin, the earliest indication of chutes with pistil formation was about October 14. If by flip you mean when did I change the light schedule…I didn’t. I’ve been using lights 24/7.

1 Like

Youve had the lights on 24/7 for the whole grow? Dang. Not that it wont work, but i think you could have a saved a few bucks on electric and benefited the plants and yourself by using a 20/4 or 18/6 method with autos. Your not wrong in your way, as you can plainly see, but I believe others will say the same.

1 Like