Where my bug guys/gals at?

Random visitor or early sign of invasion?

Looks like a big ass gnat. Dry the soil out.

Looks like a fungus gnat.

Damn . Im in coco and was hoping to avoid bugs

The gnats I’ve looked at have 1 piece abdomen and thorax. What about a flying ant?

@dbrn32 @raustin @elheffe702 @Myfriendis410
What do you think ? So far the consensus is a gnat. I’m trying to convince myself it’s a flying ant so I can sleep tonight lol

This is a fungus gnat

You might be right. Maybe not a fungus gnat.
Fungus gnats are more mosquito like, and less ant like.
I guess I didn’t spend enough time looking at your pic. My bad.

I’d seen thousands of them in my last grow.

1 Like

No worries . My gut instinct was a gnat too . I only kept looking cuz I didn’t want to believe it lol. If that is an ant it sure loves my ladies. Rolling around the leaves like it was cat nip . If I could say an ant was happy that was it @Drinkslinger

2 Likes

Happy, until “WACK”…:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Yup . No free stays here. I’m hanging some sticky’s and giving them a good dry out just to be safe

3 Likes

Got me, you’re flying ant theory seems good by me. I’m not really a bug guy either though.

He doesn’t spend a lot of time here, but @kabongster is usually pretty good with bugs.

4 Likes

hmmmm…maybe, just maybe, a black soldier fly?

they are attracted to the odor of decomposing organic matter.

2 Likes

As long as it came alone lol. Thanks :+1:

3 Likes

You could easily hang a sticky trap in your space and that will tell you.

3 Likes

I’m not a bug guy either, really. First thing I noticed was what looks like either a stinger or part of his guts lol

2 Likes

I am certain that @Sirsmokesalot will know what that bug is. I am pretty sure that he is a “real bug guy”.

4 Likes

Not a fungus gnat looks like flying ant to me.
Good read below on fungus gnats…

2 Likes

First thing I did :fist_right:t3::mosquito::boom:

2 Likes

:+1:That’s what i saw too. That’s why I kept researching

2 Likes

Definitely a gnat - could be a black gnat or eye gnat - definitely not a buffaloe gnat but without a few more pics I could not give you the species 100%

2 Likes