Where do I go from here

I separated the males from the females. What is my next step? I’m new at this so I would appreciate guidance. Do I allow the males to continue to grow? When are they ready to harvest?

2 Likes

You’ll want to kill them unless you plan on harvesting pollen.

4 Likes

Males are useless unless you plan on collecting pollen.

3 Likes

I see several pollen sacs that have opened already. You will need to thoroughly clean your grow area before attempting to grow any more. Your females are probably already pollinated as well. Sorry to say but unless you wanted to harvest pollen(or seeds) as @BobbyDigital said, this grow is likely a bust.
Oh yeah, welcome to the community.

4 Likes

Unless you breed, or have growing neighbors you reeeeeeeally don’t like, put a bag over them then either trash it, or take them and burn them far away. They can pollinate females pretty far away.

2 Likes

I swear my neighbor did this to me last summer. All 4 of my reg plants came out male

2 Likes

These were from Reggie seeds. I separated the females from males when I saw signs that I had male plants. Hopefully, the females are ok. I’ll burn the males. Thanks everyone

3 Likes

That’s some booboo. I thought my next door neighbor had a male when I had an outdoor GSCE auto started making seeds. Only started to make them then stopped. It was weird

2 Likes

Spray them down with water and bag em. Burning may just spread tons of pollen while they’re going up

1 Like

Male plants pollen cannot make other plants become male only makes females produce seeds. Pollen can travel on the wind and pollinate plants a half a mile away.

2 Likes