I can’t find a section that has photos of leaf problems. Is there a section of photos that shows the leaves and what is the cause of the problems?
This site has them,
grow weed easy . Com does too. Also, the google machine, or Jorge Cervantes encyclopedia if you want a hard copy
From the photos I’ve found and looked at so far, I still can’t ID the problem. So this is what I have to grow with: 2-5 gallon buckets-1 plant in each, 4 medium sized drain holes.
- Big Bud (seeds are 5 yrs old but kept dry and in the dark)
- Good soil with a couple handfuls of worm casings and pearlite
- City water with ph of 8, adjusted down to 6.0
- 6.7 ph measured from water drained thru holes in bottom of bucket
- always test soil for moisture down to 2 inches below top of soil, I water every other day based on the dryness of the top soil.
- 3 different LED lights ( Relassy 300W LED Grow Light Panel, SZPIOSTAR 2000W Full Spectrum LED Grow Light, Plant Growing Lamps with UV&IR, King Plus 1200w LED Grow Light Double Chips Full Spectrum with UV and IR)
- 1/2 recommened amount of Advanced Nutrients Bloom, Micro & Grow
This is the latest photo of problem
What are your temps?
During the night, lights are off and cool about 75f
Day with lights on about 82f
What age and stage of growth is it?
How big are your 4 drain holes?
I just changed the light timer last week to 12 hrs, so moving into bloom phase.
Each drain hole was made with a 1/2” drill bit.
Looks suspiciously like a root fungus
I’m guessing root issues, too. Most likely rootbound. That’s a very long time to keep a plant in veg in a 5 gallon bucket.
I guess I lost track of time.
How long should should feminised seeds veg for?
How long to flower?
They can veg as long as you want, but you have to keep up on transplanting them to appropriate sized pots. Your plant could double in size during bloom. That bucket will choke your poor plant’s root system.
I completely agree with BTB.
I think I figured out what happened.
- I wasn’t watching the pH of the tap water until a month ago. I assumed it was OK, but it’s not, it’s over 8 from the tap. Now I lower it to 6 with pH down, before adding any nutes.
- I’ve been mixing the nutes at about 50-70% of recommended strength and I’m going to reduce it to 30% and test the pH again.
- I didn’t put enough soil in the buckets, there is a lot of space between the top of the bucket and the top of where the soil is causing probable root bound.
- Probably added too much pearlite to the soil mix as the soil drys out daily, the humidity in the grow room is about 50%
- The temps during the day with the lights on can get warm, maybe 83F, so I’m changing the lights to be on during the night and off during the day.
See the burned tips on the upper leaves
One thing u r doi g wrong, do not ph water untill AFTER u add nutes. Addin nutes to water drops ph so if u adjust to 6, then add nutes, its gnna be dwn to 4 or 5 going in soil. And I agree with @blackthumbbetty about possibly root bound too. I think u have a few issues goin on.
U can transplant now if ur careful
That bucket will never hold enough soil for your plant. That is the immediate problem that needs fixing, or else nothing else you do will make much difference.
Root bound just judging off the size of the stock, I take it it’s in a 5gal bucket